VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Independent Living Plan (12 months)

Rate this question

Ocean

Question

Hello,

I have been working with an independent living counselor through the VA. A lot of what they are offering seems very basic and I am not impressed. My counselor has only had one brief phone conversation with me, and even though she was kind, I have only gotten two emails since. It is pretty obvious I am just a number. My issue is that it is really hard to find information on this program and the only other place where people listed what they got is old and outdated.

I dont want anything crazy like a greenhouse, a knife making set of machines, or a boat. I dont think they are focusing on me doing a project or getting involved with the community, which is fine, but this just seems like something that was copy pasted and not unique to my situation. I also dont want it to seem like I just have my hand out, I was really hoping this would be more comprehensive. 

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Objective One:

Maximize ability to do daily living activities easier, safer, and more independently

Long handled scrub

Long handled shoehorn

Grab bars (4)

Shower chair (2)

Bidet adapter for toilet (2)

Versa Rails (2)

Objective Two:

Maximize ability to do home activities easier, safer, and more independently

Reacher
Sock Aid
Office Chair
Shower Cane

Objective Three:

Veteran will be aware of and use Ch-31 services in order to successfully complete the program

oh wow..okay...so i was in a bad headache period there so i think i misunderstood this post. and now reading through the comments, i have to ask....how does someone get this? like i fall in the tub all the time. and when my lower back goes out, holy cow i cant even get to the bathroom alone. i was suppose to get surgery for a neuro stimulator MONTHS ago (last option as surgeon said no surgery can fix as i need a new spine) but thanks to a cold virus that has been put on hold.

Edited by Christie