Announcements

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

FlyboyLeRoy

Higher Level Review outcome

HLR 131 days and my informal conference was a few days ago. An error was found, as attached, and they say my new decision/% is addressed in the paper, but my vso was able to see the paperwork and it shows nothing. So my HLR worked and found there was a clear error. I hope the same outcome for others. 

hlr.PNG

• Like 1

Were you able to provide proof of a Nexus of the PTSD to your service?---

Edited this   --------Never mind!

I went through your posts and the C & P exam at first was thought not to be needed by VA...

It is unusual for them not to require a C & P exam for PTSD claims-I wonder how many time they pull that.

Edited by Berta
read other post

5 hours ago, Berta said:

Were you able to provide proof of a Nexus of the PTSD to your service?---

Edited this   --------Never mind!

I went through your posts and the C & P exam at first was thought not to be needed by VA...

It is unusual for them not to require a C & P exam for PTSD claims-I wonder how many time they pull that.

Yes, my c&p and buddy statement clearly showed a nexus, but they still denied it. The denial basically said because i never should have been given a c&p exam, so i was denied on an improper exam being given. Even with their own contracted doctor clearly diagnosing and agreeing with my personal physician. 2 nexuses and 2 dbqs, still denied, unbelievable. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Joey Ross
      I had a C&P Friday,, as part of a Higher level review. VSO was able to see it this morning. She checked all but,  two of symptom boxes. Stated I looked much older than my stated age. She never asked about stressor,  Since this is a review, what time frame am I looking at before I see a decision? 
    • By SPO
      This might get a little long winded but please stick with me.  I just had my supplemental claim for arthritis closed.  I was awarded 2 out of about 15 affected joints, and suprise, suprise it seems that the reason the others were denied was because of the C&P examiner not doing a thorough exam and incorrect reporting on the paperwork.  The reason for denial on all of them was no diagnosis.  Now the problem with this was that she was provided with a letter and medical records from my rhuematologist (an M.D.) stating specifically which joints are diagnosed and affected, and the letter is  from May 2020, so it is current information (she is a nurse practitioner, and best I can tell specializing in family medicine).  She decided she didn't believe me when I told her joints hurt during the exam so basically said nothing was wrong, thus no diagnosis.  In particular I know she lied about the range of motion of my shoulders.  I have a difficult time getting to 90 degrees on either arm, but her range of motion says 120 degrees.  she did actually measure this, but I know where my arms were and it was less than 90.  She did measure my back (which was approved) but nothing else.  She didn't even actually examine my hands or feet.  She "examined my elbows and knee from across the room.  Also, she stated I have no flare ups, but I know for a fact the QTC questionairre I submitted to her stated that I do, as well as my statement I filed with the claim to the VA.
      I called DAV as soon as I left the exam and asked them what to do and they said, just wait for the exams to come in and see what they say.  When the exams came in I couldn't get anyone at DAV to actually look through them all, so they said just wait for the decision.  I finally got someone to look through a few of them (after the decision was made) and from what the DAV is telling me, many of the joints don't look like the reach the compensable level based on her C&P. 
      Now I am at a crossroads.  I can either Higher level review and see if maybe they will give me 0% service connection because my doc's diagnosis should outweigh her 10 minute "exam"(maybe a couple 10% ratings if I'm lucky), or get in line at the the BVA.  I'm not sure what to do next and I've heard advice to go both ways from the DAV.  They say I can't fight the bad C&P through HLR.  Any thoughts or advice?
    • By FlyboyLeRoy
      HLR 131 days and my informal conference was a few days ago. An error was found, as attached, and they say my new decision/% is addressed in the paper, but my vso was able to see the paperwork and it shows nothing. So my HLR worked and found there was a clear error. I hope the same outcome for others. 

• By FlyboyLeRoy
      Hi, 130 days for Higher-level review currently, but my VSO had the HLR informal conference talk with the higher level reviewer on 7/24/20. Anyone have knowledge of the typical timeline after the HLR is conducted? VSO said " We did have a two way conversation; but you know the deal; she sounded very positive about service connection but could not come right out and say it!", so i'm hoping the outcome is as good as he made it sound! Thanks. 
  • Ads

• Our picks

• I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 5 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 3 replies
    • Help HadIt.com stay online buy a subscription
      If you can afford it and want to help hadit.com consider buying a subscription this gives you as free viewing of the site and allows me to budget in subscription payments.

You can try it for 1 month for $5 or get a monthly subscription or a yearly subscription.

Subscribe here https://community.hadit.com/subscriptions/
      • 4 replies
    • VA has a special where we can ask questions TODAY, at 3:00 to "people that matter?"  Someone should ask why we can not ask them questions EVERY day, why today only? (This is a big problem with VA..the 800 number often does not give specific answers).  We should have people in VA who "solve Vets problems" like Allison Hickey did a few years ago. 
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines