• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide as of 2020

Question

This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this fr

On 8/1/2020 at 6:01 PM, marathonjon said:

This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf 277.86 kB · 782 downloads

Thank you for posting this! Solid info!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By scottishere99
      My question is I finally  received my Military Medical record from the VA after 17months,  upon review I found the documentation of my problem with my hand joints swollen and painful.  I have been seeing a Rheumatologist since 2009 when i got out after 20yrs of service.  so my question is how should I submit the missing information i.e. DD FORM 2807-1  BLOCK 12 H, Swollen or Painful Joints and Block 29 12H 6 months now painful and swollen hands and finger joints, Block 30  12h, hand swelling in the AM, minimally controlled on Naproxen.   This was documented January 7th 2009  during the time i was having my C&P Exams.  Also when I submit this information to the VA would this be something I would be entitled to back pay?  My Rheumatologist has told me she would write me a letter stating that this is more then likely the start of my problems with my hands.  Also the sailors I work with will write buddy letters on how my hand will be swollen all the time along with my wife letter stating the pain that my hands cause me and limit my activities in working in the yard and on my house.  

• By deedub75
      Why does the VA continue to make it more difficult for us to view our C&P exams? First, they took away our access to exams done by contractors and now they delay our access to exams done at VAMCs.  
      In the not too distant past, I was able to walk into the VAMC records department, fill out a form and instantly get copies of contractor performed exams. Now the VAMC no longer gets copies of those exams. They said they used to get a courtesy copy of the exams but they no longer get them.  I say B.S.  
      I had an exam done at the VAMC on September 11, 2020. I've been checking my VAMC medical records online every day waiting for a copy of the exam to show up there. A note is in there now saying that they won't put the exam in the records until after 30 days has passed. Why do something like that? I don't think it's always been that way. Maybe I can go to the VAMC records office and request a copy but who knows? 
      It seems like VBA is making it difficult for us to view our exams before they are used to rate our claims.  Don't forget that they also took away the 48 hour hold that the VSOs used to have to review our claims before they were finalized.  
    • By ADAMS
      I have a C&P exam coming up for my knees, While I was in service I served aboard 2 different ships, I hear that Ship board ladders are bad on your knees, I didn't start having a problem with my knees until we had our PRT test, during this time I was on recruiting duty, while I was running i slipped into a hole and fell, It was documented and I went to my private physician, he documented that there was swelling and the xray results showed Ostephytes on my left knee, it was sore for weeks, from there I feel like i over compensated for my right knee, I had knee replacement on my right knee last year, 9 years after I retired. I was diagnosed 6 years later after retiring that I had moderate to severe osteoarthritis in both knees. Any one experienced claims for this disease. just wondering and am nervous about my C&P exam that the examiner wont see it my way. Thanks

• By Logarius
      Hi, I am curious and thought I would ask here. I was trying to find out what my effective date is. I reached out to the DAV to find out if they would be going back to 2011 since my initial C&P exam. Here below was there response:
      10/20/11, you filed a claim
      1/17/12, the VA said you failed to report to exams (FTR)
      4/2/12, the VA deferred decisions on your back and GERD
      3/11/13, the VA denied the claims because they said you failed to report to exams in 2012
      12/31/13, you filed for your back and GERD again
      11/27/15, the VA denied the claim
      THIS IS WHERE IT DROPS
      7/14/17 you re-filed and attended exams, that is the date of service connection.  If you wouldn’t have had over a year in between these then they could’ve gone back, but as you can see by the screen shot included, there was no activity between 2015 and 2017.

Does this make sense the fact that I missed just single one year in 2016 of continuous reapplying that I can't go back to 2011?? I've tried to look all over the place to find something in the VA to support this but haven't found anything.

• By Jash
      I’ve done the VA claim-bit on my own. I don’t  know if this is a mistake or not. 
      I went to a c&p exam recently. I left somewhat confused. I never had a doctor tell me directly that she was recommending an increase as well as IU. She said though it was ultimately up to the rater. I don’t have her report because 30 days has not passed. I was at 50% for ptsd and 10% hearing loss. During the appointment the c&p doctor quoted a couple other reports where VA doctors I’ve seen at various clinics said that I had “long term, chronic and severe...” (Don’t want to get into the what). I find myself now obsessing if: 
      1. The c&p dr was lying to about her recommendations; 
      2. The c&p dr was telling the truth about the recommendations;
      3. The rater will decrease my %
      4. The rater will increase my%
      Ultimately it boils down to: How much weight does the rater put into the C&P dr recommendations? Could I really get IU if that dr did actually recommend it? what are the chances?  The IU could help a lot, I’ve not been able to work much the past few years. 
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines