VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What items did you receive thru Voc Rehab ILP

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

Hey! Through Voc Rehab, I snagged a laptop and some adaptive tools. They really tailored it to my needs, which was awesome. If you're in the process, communicate your requirements clearly—they're super accommodating. 
By the way, do you guys know where I can find a good rehab center in Chandler, AZ? I'm looking for one for my close friend and will be very grateful for your recommendations!

Edited by jennifer1981

• HadIt.com Elder

Working on it.  Have some grab bars installed.  Electric wheelchair is in but the lift to carry it on the trailer hitch of the SUV will not come in until later this month.  Have the digital pill box dispenser and a nurse to monitor in a once-a-week nurse visit.  A ramp with hand rails is on the way.  Surprising how many things the VA OT can provide without going to home or car grant via benefits.

Back in '03 I received a Gateway computer, printer & chair, plus 10 hrs. of home training.  I know a person who received a portable sawmill and have heard from others that got sawmills also.  I read about a paraplegic vet received an addition to his house (roughly 12'x20') for him to do photography, of birds, in his backyard.  If I recall correctly, he won it thru the appeal process.