VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Length of Time for C&P Exams

Rate this question

Fat

Question

Waiting on a C&P exam for bone spurs (left elbow), back pain, and tinnitus.

What is the average wait time for exams looking like.

• HadIt.com Elder

I Have been doing the video tele health conferences with my VA Therapist since the President announced the Pandemic  this year  around Feb I believe?

Got a video tele heath conference with my VA PHYISTRIST IN THE MORNING A NEW Dr too  my old one for the last 5 years moved to San Antonio  Tx

WELL SEE HOW THAT GOES???

GB it is easier but some times confusing over the phone my PCP DOES HERS OVER THE PHONE  EXCEPT WHEN I NEED TO GO IN TO THE VAMC FOR BLOOD WORK  THEN SHE CALLS ME AND TELLS ME THE RESULTS AND RENEWS MY SCRIPTS AND ASK IF I NEED ANYTHING  ect,,,ect,,

I miss the travel pay but don't miss having to get out at 5:oo AM going to my VAMC....

.I ll take the Video tele health conferences over the in person ones, I DON'T HAVE TO Leave the house and drive to my VAMC..I DON'T MISS THAT AT ALL.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 8/3/2020 at 8:44 AM, Fat said:

Waiting on a C&P exam for bone spurs (left elbow), back pain, and tinnitus.

What is the average wait time for exams looking like.

I filed a Rule 21 Petition at the CAVC on 02/17/2020 because my NOD and BVA remand exams and processing had stalled more than 30 months based upon Godsey v Wilkie, Vet. App. 17-4361 which held that an NOD must be processed within 18 months.

On 02/24/2020 I had the first examination at VAMC Hot Springs, SD.  There were to be follow up examinations by VES contract physicians and appointment were made within 2 weeks but I had developed CORVID symptoms after visiting with the motel owner who had just returned from India by air where I stayed for the examinations.  By the time the exams were being scheduled there was a questionnaire re: CORVID symptoms for face to face appointment scheduling.

Still waiting to get over the symptoms.

To answer your question, ordinarily you could expect the exams to the rating decision to take 18 months since Godsey v Wilkie.  But this is not ordinary and with bone spurs and a back you need some one to poke around on you.  eBendfits shows longer.

The NPs that did my exams ignored all favorable items in my charts and focused only on the unfavorable.  I was granted an additional 20% for cervical disc disease but denied lumbar disc disease?  It won't be a problem to get the exams redone but it will be a delay.

I expect another class action if things do not speed up and the VA doesn't find a way around the problem for those of us who are over 75.  But for now, because I can't tell if I have it or not, I don't want to cause anyone to get sick.  I'll wait as the VA expects me to do although I may try to get a decision based upon the record through the Executive Secretary, Compensation Services.

That's a very long wait,  Deedub.

90 plus days is a long wait, but the pandemic is affecting everything.

Good Luck.