VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA MH Phyistrist Changed..CCV..TELEHEALTH TODAY

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well had a CCV Conference with my NEW VA  M.H.   Phyistrist this morning.

He was a FOREIGN   Dr   (INDIA OR PAKISTAN?) DARK COMPLECTED BLACK HAIR, but spoke good English, when he first came on the screen he didn't say anything  I said hello  he said hello I am Dr Prikiania  I am taking Dr H  place she went to another VAMC.

I will be your Dr here at the Dallas VAMH CLINIC...He said how you been doing? I said about the same as last time I seen Dr  H, she renewed my scripts on my medications and ask me how I was feeling, I said about the same .

I mention to this new Doc  ''Dr I been having problems sleeping and I do not take naps during the day'', he said let me read your records..so he took about 5 min and came back and said I see your taking**** I said yes sir but they do not seem to help  I said they did when Dr H prescribe them to me over a year ago and I still take them today and I can't feel they are working like they should?

..so I ask this Dr if I can take more  or increase the dosage..he said he will increase the dosage to twice the amount I am taking  that way you can just take one..he said he will have them sent to me in the mail...and that was about all there was to this meeting  it lasted about 20 minutes.

I forgot to ask him if he renewed my scrips for my PTSD  Depression and high Anxiety??

..so now I might run out.?

..he said he was reading my medical records and I hope he remembers to renew my meds? He ask me if I feel hopeless? I said yeah matter fact I do Doc  but I just learn to live with it the best way I can,  he never ask how I do that?  he just said ok  he ask me if I had thoughts of suicide? I said no not at the moment but I have had those thoughts at one time or another  he never said anything...

I am not so sure I will like this Dr  he was just basically all business  no sense of humor just straight and to the point,  but he failed to ask me about my scripts to be renewed and I totally forgot to ask him about that...we just said bye to each other and I said it was good to meet you Dr  he never said anything back...so I guess if he judges someone by their looks  he must not have liked mine LOL

although my hair was all messy I forgot to comb my hair and just put a T-shirt on and set at the breakfast table with my lap-top  camera hook up and all ready...I see no reason to clean up and talk to these Dr's over the computer screen......now I do clean up if I go in to the VAMC Appointments..but here at home I am comfortable just being myself  and that's just being comfortable in my Sunday Gruggies  and messy hair,  ect,,,,ect,,,,

I like to have a little humor in my conversations  and not have to be all business like  it helps my PTSD to be this way.....I was nervous after getting off with this Dr & my  anxiety went through the roof, but I don't feel that way with my old Dr She made me feel relaxed and comfortable and we talked about other things other than my MENTAL HEALTH STATUS.& Medications

I can't see how this CCV with this Dr helped me?  he was quiet and didn't ask me that many questions?  I ask him if he was new to the Dallas VA he said actually no I been here 12 years now..I never seen him there before and I been going to this VA FOR OVER 25 YEARS and MH the last 6 years..

I DID LET HIM KNOW THAT SINCE THIS COVID-19 CRAP GOING AROUND I HAD TO CHANGE MY PLANS AS FOR AS GETTING OUT TRYING TO BE SOCIABLE , I DO NOT DO THAT AS MY THERAPIST HAS MENTION FOR ME TO DO TAKE LONG WALKS AND JUST GET OUT.....I DON'T DO THAT WITH THIS COVID-19 I AM AFRAID TO GET OUT  AND THAT IS FINE BY ME I LIKE BEING ALONE AND BE BY MYSELF.  HE SAID YEAH WITH YOUR AGE ITS NOT GOOD TO GET OUT IN PUBLIC TAKE A CHANCE CATCHING THE CORONA VIRUS. I SAID HELL NO Doc.

HE WANTS TO SEE ME BACK IN 2 MONTHS... I ALMOST ASK HIM WHY  WHAT FOR? ... LOL... INSTEAD I SAID OK.

I HATE CHANGING Dr in the middle of treatment...grrrrrr

oh well be interesting to see his report in 3 days on myhealthvet.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Come on, Buck. You got to give the new doc a chance. He may not be new to the VA, but he is new to you, and, you are new to him. Not to be prejudiced, but some cultures just are all about being professional. Give it a chance. I had a Chinese heart doc one time; he wouldn't crack a smile if Jack Benny was the patient. I even explained the joke, and he still couldn't get it.Anyway, I have a suggestion. The fact that you didn't talk about renewing your meds can be a good thing. Send him message via Blue Button. Tell him about it and ask for the renewal AND tell  him you were topping out on the anxiety meter because you're afraid of missing meds. Hey, he probably got several new patients that had your previous doc, and maybe everyone is telling him how great she is. That can wear you down a little too. He may be a d bag, but from what you have told us, doesn't sound like it, yet. Give it a little time; you'll feel better (I hope!)

I understand. I have issues too. And the thing i hate the most, is some doc staring at you from a screen just shaking there head. It angers me..like seriously hardcore angers....and i try to explain it and they dont understand. and with my hearing loss it doesnt help matters. And i dont understand why it angers me so much. like guys..ladies... ANGER. then i just get the head shake with nothing else. The system is so broke in places. i dont want someone who shakes there head and just stares...yell at me...tell me i am being a stupid btch or whatever...dont be passive... i am very aggressive so give me that back....yet i keep getting the head shaker. hopefully this doc gets better for you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Christie  Ican certainly relate

I  ask questions up front if its something that is bothering me  I don't care what they say or how they stare...I say well what about it Doc...it pisses me off to no end when they just sit there and stare at cha and don't say a word   today I had to speak up to get him to give me another med that works or increase the one I was taking  he said it would double the does  from 75 mg  to 150mg  I said ok I'll try it  then it said well I will check back with you in 8 weeks  I said ok  then he was going to sign off and I said nice to meet you Dr he said nothing back I left the meeting.

Anytime you have something bothering you especially your mental health  speak up  these idiots won't help you if you don't.

we may not be completely get cured from this PTSD but we can learn how to cope with it 90% better than we some times do,  its their job to see to that.

if I don't get to feeling better I'll request another Dr and tell them why   he is not helping me ..period.

But as GB Army mention give him a chance and I will ...> we'll see?

I guess we need to learn these new Dr's personality's or there moods..LoL    TO MAYBE HELP US BETTER.

Hang in there Christie.

If you want to make sure he reordered your PTSD meds you have about 3 choices:

1.  Go online to my healthevet, and go to "reorder prescriptions". (after login).  They have a number there, that says how many "refills" left.  If that number is zero, then you have no refills left, and you had better contact him again and ask for refills.  

2.  Contact the pharmacy and ask them this question. 

3.  Contact the doctors office and ask him this question.  

Other than "do nothing" and wait, number 1 is probably the easiest.  

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah I will look in myhealthyvet notes and read his report, got to wait 3 days.

I always check my prescriptions online at myhealthyvet  rather or not I have some left  or to renew.

I usually Oder my meds online and if they are at 0 I call the Dr.

Only pain meds like  Narcotics II,  I have to call that in.

My Dr checks my urine regular check ups and I am on good behavior I reckon cause she always renews them.