VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

Higher level review letter states that VA returning 3 different mental conditions for correction of a duty to assist error in the prior decision. States Va failed to get an examination(s) and/or medical opinion(s). One of them states VA is developing exam to consolidate conflicting information. I told review I had a bad C&P, and that the person doing exam, had been reported by VSO's . I have new C&P tomorrow. Video C&P. What should I expect?

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
4 minutes ago, Joey Ross said:

Higher level review letter states that VA returning 3 different mental conditions for correction of a duty to assist error in the prior decision. States Va failed to get an examination(s) and/or medical opinion(s). One of them states VA is developing exam to consolidate conflicting information. I told review I had a bad C&P, and that the person doing exam, had been reported by VSO's . I have new C&P tomorrow. Video C&P. What should I expect?

This exam should be treated as a regular PTSD C&P EXAM, the Dr should conduct the exam as a new exam, and you answer his/her questions the best you can .

if you don't know the answer to a question this examiner may ask  just simply tell him you don't know, this exam is the VA way of giving you a second chance beings your last C&P EXAM for this type claim was botched up, this examiner may not know about your last exam?

,,,so just relax and get through this exam the best way you can if you have high anxiety during this exam  just excuse your self or ask to go to the rest room, there you can splash water on your face and regroup yourself and go back to the examining room.  this Dr should know and realize your nervous and may have high anxiety. 

never lie to this examiner or go into an acting mode  they can spot that in a New York Minute.

Just be your self and always be honest.

5 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

This exam should be treated as a regular PTSD C&P EXAM, the Dr should conduct the exam as a new exam, and you answer his/her questions the best you can .

if you don't know the answer to a question this examiner may ask  just simply tell him you don't know, this exam is the VA way of giving you a second chance beings your last C&P EXAM for this type claim was botched up, this examiner may not know about your last exam?

,,,so just relax and get through this exam the best way you can if you have high anxiety during this exam  just excuse your self or ask to go to the rest room, there you can splash water on your face and regroup yourself and go back to the examining room.  this Dr should know and realize your nervous and may have high anxiety. 

never lie to this examiner or go into an acting mode  they can spot that in a New York Minute.

Thank you. It is a relief to talk to other veteran's about this. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Sir,

I believe you will do ok  and hopefully this examiner will conduct an exam that will be favorable to your claim  at least his /her report will be favorable.

Just be your self  if your nervous and  Maybe eye twitches /excess blinking  or you make movements of body jesters like rocking or looking over your shoulder or just staring at the floor  ect,,,ect,,,  these are natural responses  from a veteran with PTSD Especially chronic combat PTSD or MST.

Just always answer the questions truthfully and be your self

Edited by Buck52
spelling

Buck is spot on. I had a bad C&P(PTSD) for an increase.  It went bad from the start when I gave her an outside Psyc DBQ and nexus.  This pissed her off and her exam reflected it.  I filed a formal complaint with the VARO.  The VARO didn't xxxx around.  I found myself doing two extra C&P's.  6 months later, 100% PTSD/TBI P&T.  

I just got my whole C-file.  Surprisingly, they had other Psyc. Dr's taking the bad C&P info into consideration; even though I had overwhelming evidence.  They deemed the bad C&P exam as not making sense and that I was a reliable reporter. 

Best of luck to you.  And as Buck stated, if you don't know an answer, say you don't know the answer or don't understand it.  Don't make it up or let them force you to answer.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:17 AM, Buck52 said:

One hour to C&P, it is video C&P exam. I've throwed up 3 times already this morning. whiskey tango foxtrot.