VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

I had a higher level review, and new C&P yesterday, and went to ebenefits this morning, and disabilities and payment history, and letters unavailable this morning. Is that a good or bad thing or is the site just down

Edited by Joey Ross

Ebenefits has been in sunset mode for the last year or more, and is being decommissioned. Most everything on it has been moved to VA.gov and the only reason Ebenefits is still up is because there are a few things left to convert, and for informational purposes for veterans that already started claims there. 

• HadIt.com Elder
2 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Ebenefits has been in sunset mode for the last year or more, and is being decommissioned. Most everything on it has been moved to VA.gov and the only reason Ebenefits is still up is because there are a few things left to convert, and for informational purposes for veterans that already started claims there. 

I sign on to VA.gov and it takes me to eBenefits for status of my appeal.  So nothing available period until they finish the conversion for some of us.  Is there a specific way to sign on if you had a "prime" eBenefits account prior to the conversion?  Do we need to get a new log on ID?  What the hell is going on?

• HadIt.com Elder

What happened to our old medical files?  The hard copies prior to digitalization?  I have been unable to get mine to replace items that have been removed from my C&P file.

No, you log in as normal. Nothing has changed other than moving most everything to VA.gov. If you have no updated status of your appeal its because no one else does either. Every thing is taking longer, evidence gathering for federal records is taking weeks and months instead of days because one or more of the NPRC facilities are either on skeleton crew or locked down. They are not VA facilities, we have to wait for things just like the rest of you. 

• HadIt.com Elder
1 minute ago, brokensoldier244th said:

No, you log in as normal. Nothing has changed other than moving most everything to VA.gov. If you have no updated status of your appeal its because no one else does either. Every thing is taking longer, evidence gathering for federal records is taking weeks and months instead of days because one or more of the NPRC facilities are either on skeleton crew or locked down. They are not VA facilities, we have to wait for things just like the rest of you. 

Thanks, for the info, 244.

1 minute ago, Lemuel said:

What happened to our old medical files?  The hard copies prior to digitalization?  I have been unable to get mine to replace items that have been removed from my C&P file.

?? What are you asking? Those records have been at the NPRC for years. We have whatever was requested at different times for your claims, but the originals that are unscanned are at NPRC same as always. You can file a request under FOIA for your C file from VA or you can request your records directly from NPRC- but those are only medical and personnel. Your VA files have never been there.