VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

Rate this question

Joey Ross

Question

I had a higher level review, and new C&P yesterday, and went to ebenefits this morning, and disabilities and payment history, and letters unavailable this morning. Is that a good or bad thing or is the site just down

Edited by Joey Ross

• HadIt.com Elder

s well as any supplemental claim. Can't use it for HLR or BVA direct lane, but if you have the option, use it. I don'y know if you need to submit 23 additional letters, but review them and if they actually support you claim regarding symptoms and for diagnosis, go ahead and submit. Once they are in your claim, you can at least call the evidence up during the C&P and ask if the examiner has read it. If he says no, that can be used in your appeal. Not  a whole lot you can do to move the case along regarding remands, but keep calling "Peggy" every week or two to see where it's at. The run around you are getting on your MH eval sure smells to me like you are being set-up for a low-ball rating at the least and maybe a denial. So get any strong evidence you have in if it is not there already. If your case is strong, then if you get a low-ball or denial don't mess around with a HLR. Most of the time they aren't going to make a favorable decision for you if you have been denied. Remember, with a HLR you can't submit new evidence. Go direct lane to BVA. Review 38CFR 4.6 Evaluation of evidence. It basically says that the decision has to be made using all the evidence. This is a very powerful law that the BVA will adhere to.

• HadIt.com Elder

Rattler767 I'm not sure about what happened to the post, but the first part was in reference to statement in support of the claim. Use it for any new claim or supplemental claim you submit.