VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA and drug screening

Rate this topic

Have been on Xanax, since 2003, for anxiety. Am 100 per cent service connected PTSD, anxiety and depression. Have been taking 0.25 mg 4 times a day, which has worked fine. Now the VA wants to reduce that amount and replace it with an antidepressant which has a lot of side effects. Oh, and now I have to be drug tested randomly, beyond getting drug tested when I have routine blood work. The clinic is shut down due to COVID 19, I can't see my doctor, they don't want to expose elderly veterans, like me, to the virus, but it's ok to go in and give a urine specimen. I guess the virus doesn't attack you if you're peeing in a cup. Also, when I looked up this new drug, the number one thing that pops up, is false positive for amphetamines! Great.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You can ask your Dr about it if your afraid to go to your VAMC  AND GET BLOOD WORK ..

THEY MAY CAN OUT SOURCE YOU  BUT EVEN THE OUTSIDE IS NOT SAFE WITH THIS COVID19 ON THE LOOSE.

I WENT TO MY VAMC FOR BLOOD/URINE TEST Couple WEEKS AGO,  THEY STOPPED ME AT THE ENTRANCE TOOK MY TEMP AND ASK A FEW QUESTIONS    HOW I WAS FEELING  & GAVE ME A MASK TO PUT ON....ect,,,,ect,,,,,

YOU GO IN WASH YOUR HANDS REAL GOOD AND AFTER YOU GET YOUR BLOOD DRAWN AND URINE TEST...BE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS REAL GOOD BEFORE YOU LEAVE AND NOT TOUCH ANYTHING, GET BACK TO YOUR CAR/TRUCK USE SOME HAND SANITIZER  ..THIS SHOULD KILL ALL GERMS YOU MAY HAVE PICKED UP  AND GET BACK HOME WAS YOUR HANDS AGAIN.

*NOTE*    ...>YOU MAY WANT TO TAKE A MASK IN CASE THEY RUN OUT, YOU WILL BE TURN AWAY.