• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

VA Claims6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing VA Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100%

• Subscription Holder

The VBM does describe situations where a vet's rating is protected.  That does not mean the VA might try and reduce you anyway thinking you might be ignorant of their own laws.  Essentially, the VA will try anything legal or illegal to reduce their costs.  This is my opinion.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are times when VA will grant a veteran 100% schedular and the veteran may still have claims deferred or claims on remand. These claims should also be pursued do to the fact that they can establi

John999, you are correct. There are many situation where VA will try to reduce a veteran's rating. In my research I found that this type of error is sometimes corrected at the higher level and called Mischaracterization of the issue on Appeal.  In this particular situation the veteran filed for an increase and instead of granting the veteran's rating, the VARO decided to reduce his rating causing the veteran to appeal. So in my opinion the veteran would have to appeal to get this corrected.

• HadIt.com Elder

Considering the VA as an employer does illegal things to employees, it’s not a stretch to think that they would be unscrupulous with veterans. The attitude that I observed towards veterans was mind blowing. Now the medical people tend to be better, but people in desk jobs often never see veterans.