VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temp 100 percent disability after surgery

Rate this question

Ken Dillon

Question

Good day, I received 20 percent disability for lumbar disc problems and 10 percent for each leg for total of 40 percent, I recently had to lumbar fusion of several levels. Trying to figure out what forms I need to fill out. Called VA three times got three different answers. So I started new claim for increase to my current disability’s. What  do you do for temp disability as for what forms you fill out?  Thanks for any information you can pass my way.  Ken

1 answer to this question

You just file a claim just like any other claim because it's essentially a claim for an increase.   When I filed for one recently, I filed a 21-526EZ form online and asked for temporary 100% for right foot/ankle surgery.  

They will pay you at the 100% rate for a certain number of months and then have you come in for a C&P exam to access your level of disability.  You may even come out of it with a high rating than 20% based on range of motion loss.  In fact, I have my C&P exams tomorrow for mine.