VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Winning a pending claim?

Rate this question

thegat

Question

If the V.A. is issuing you medication, let's just say it's for back pain, does that mean your about to when your claim? Sorry guys about the initial post. Thanks for those that have answered!

Edited by thegat

6 answers to this question

pacmanx1, thank everyone for their responses! I haven't been rated yet.   The V.A isn't charging me for any meds and have scheduled me for back therapy. That's why I was curious as to whether I was going to be granted disability for my back. They say that my case should be decided by 13th of September.

• HadIt.com Elder

thegat I believe you are asking if you have a disability claim in the works and they ship you meds for that disability, does that mean you won your claim. If that is what you are asking, the answer is possibly. If you call Peggy, they won't tell you the results of your claim, but will tell you the status. If the VA has issued a decision letter, then she will tell you that. Then, I would ask how to find out how much the meds that were shipped costs you. If they say there is no cost, then it is likely you won. You never will know until you receive the decision letter, but you are not charged $ for meds for a disability.

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, thegat said:

If the V.A. is issuing you medication, let's just say it's for back pay, does that mean your about to when your claim?

Not sure I understand your question? but I;ll try to give you an answer that I think is right?

If the V.A. is issuing you medication, They are for you to take for your medical condition  rather or not you have it service connected,

if you recieve back pay that has nothing to do with your medications.

Back pay is when you had to appeal your claim and a few years later you win your claim  then they pay you back pay from when you first filed or when your Dr mention it was likely as not caused from your military service   or when facts first found of your condition,,,service connection comes first then depending on how severe your s.c. condition is  they rate you based on the criteria for that condition....and you can still use the VA for your Meds.

The simple answer to your question is no.  Disability pay and medical treatment are two separate issues. When a veteran goes to the VAMC, he/she will be treated by the  VAMC and they are prescribe medication to help treat their condition which may be service connected or not. Your post is kind of confusing when you mention back pay.  What are you referring to when you say  back pay? It would shed some light and you may get a better response.

I agree with pacmanx1.  You can get meds from VA on both SC or non SC conditions.  Under "some circumstances" you may have to pay a copayment if not service connected (especially if you make lots of money and still use VA)  

Just keep in mind that if/when VA does grant you service connection that you take your award letter to the VAMC Business Office or at least contact them and inform them that you were granted service connection and apply/file for any co-pay they may have charged you.