VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Something new added under claim status

Rate this question

mb76

Question

• MDD/GAD (RFE)
    • IU (New)

I just did my RFE for MDD/GAD and this change on the va.gov web site occurred. What does "IU (New)" mean and why did it appear right after an RFE?

Edited by mb76
forgot

I believe IU is Individual Unemployability. So they may be adding it due to what you have, your ratings etc. They can do that. If they find while doing what they are doing that you auto qualify, they can go ahead and give it to you. Which is good thing.

• HadIt.com Elder

What do you currently have for s-c disabilites and what is your current combined rating?

5 minutes ago, Christie said:

Which is good thing.

Thanks...that was my next question. I will have to look up Individual Unemployability as I'm not familiar with it. But does the VA adding IU mean anything for my RFE? I'm afraid of my rating me being lowered.

5 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

What do you currently have for s-c disabilites and what is your current combined rating?

50% for MH and 80% total.

4 minutes ago, mb76 said:

50% for MH and 80% total.

IU is great. It means you are unable to work and paid at the 100% level. Yes, it means they are reviewing your evidence also..its good...real good. keep your chin up. you may have this without any fight.

3 minutes ago, Christie said:

IU is great. It means you are unable to work and paid at the 100% level. Yes, it means they are reviewing your evidence also..its good...real good. keep your chin up. you may have this without any fight.

That would be great but IU aside, what do you think it means for my 50% rating the RFE was for?