HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021 ×

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

11%
    $175.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021

Something new added under claim status

Question

• MDD/GAD (RFE)
    • IU (New)

I just did my RFE for MDD/GAD and this change on the va.gov web site occurred. What does "IU (New)" mean and why did it appear right after an RFE?

Edited by mb76
forgot
  • Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

IU is great. It means you are unable to work and paid at the 100% level. Yes, it means they are reviewing your evidence also..its good...real good. keep your chin up. you may have this without any fig

3 minutes ago, Christie said:

IU is great. It means you are unable to work and paid at the 100% level. Yes, it means they are reviewing your evidence also..its good...real good. keep your chin up. you may have this without any fight.

That would be great but IU aside, what do you think it means for my 50% rating the RFE was for?

I believe from what you said that Christie is correct. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Well for now probably nothing but what is your total rating? Anytime a person gets close to being eligible for iu we add it as a potential claim and start doing the legwork, sending you forms for  past and present employment information, whatever, to build that so if your potential ratings results makes you eligible then it can be put into place as one rating action

8 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Well for now probably nothing but what is your total rating? Anytime a person gets close to being eligible for iu we add it as a potential claim and start doing the legwork, sending you forms for  past and present employment information, whatever, to build that so if your potential ratings results makes you eligible then it can be put into place as one rating action

80%

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By renee
      I’ve had an appeal on file since 2013 for Fibromyalgia and bilateral knee pain. The appeal went all the way to BVA. During the process they loss my appeal. When the VSO lawyer got involved I started to see traction. As of last week the BVA remanded back to the RO. I read the letter 4 times and it sounds like BVA is scolding the RO for “overlooking” pertinent information like my STRs. The judge gave specific instruction that RO must do assist with connecting my knees to my degenerative bank at 40%. I think I need an IMO and updated DBQ. 

But in addition to the above it would appear that the regional office turned around and opened 2 claims for RFE. These are unrelated to my appeal. I definitely feel being like this out of spite. What can I do.
    • By mb76
      I just did an REF for MDD/GAD. VA.gov has a "IU (new)" claim and also a request for a TDUI application within 30 days. I'm a little miffed because I understood that the rating decision would have been made within weeks but now they estimate it to be in November.

What are the ramifications of me not filing an application for TDIU now but possibly filing one down the road (months or years)? How can I tell the VA to forget about TDIU and hurry up with the rating? The anxiety is bothering me. I want to know if they will lower, keep the same, or increase my rating. I can't sleep.
    • By mb76
      I was rated 50% for mental health and placed on the TDRL in 2014. In 2016, I was placed on the PDRL. Fast forward to 2020, the VA is reevaluating me. I heard that the VA shouldn't be doing this because they usually take a PEB's opinion on stability into consideration. Is that true? Should I upload the 2016 PEB decision as evidence in my favor or bring it to my C&P exam? Please advise. Thanks.
    • By AirForceVetsWife
      I know we can't really rely on the status updates and such on VA.gov and Ebenefits. But, I was on VA.gov making sure my lay statement was uploaded, etc and noticed it said they closed request 3- which said Request 3- DBQ PSYCH- no longer needed

What exactly does that mean? My husband is going in for his RFE Major Depressive Disorder C&P next Friday. Does that mean they already have a DBQ ready? Or they needed a blank one on file? I just never know.
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines