VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits timeline/update....

Rate this question

Christie

Question

Just an FYI. Ebenefits is updating daily with any new info on your claims. As of today, (i am an habitual checker, multi times a day) well for today my site just changed and my claim is now closed INCLUDING the remand and it was service connected. No new letters or update under the disabilities tab but it shows on va.gov also. I will let you know when i see the ebennies change for everything showing up.

Update #1 as of today, on ebenefits it shows a new claim, gathering evidence for attorney fee decision....and on va.gov it shows as closed, and letter on its way all dated todays date. No other changes on ebenefits with the disabilities or letters. I am scared. I am not gonna lie. After 20 yrs, my luck heart attack after opening my letter...or the day the money shows. I know I can call Peggy and most likely find out final numbers but if it is somehow bad, that is not the way I want to find out LOL. Time to watch the mail. If it is coming from my varo, I might get it Saturday!

eBenefits is weird like that. My HLR officially closed today and the letter was sent out today as well. But I did see yesterday that my effective dates changed on my disabilities list which is what I was fighting for. The effective date of my 100% P&T is supposed to move back a year and that change isn’t showing up yet on my letters. 

So A trick I learned back in 2016 when your claim has closed and no updates visible and checked everywhere but your positive it will be positive results. Two options I have tried this in a couple years, people may hate this but file a new claim for an increase there when it shows you what your ratings are currently it will either show your increase or new disability or it will look funny And show unable to process it. And then instead of going through with the claim delete the application as if you changed your mind....

jfrei, are you sure this trick works?  My claim closed last week.  I opened an application for a new claim to increase a current rating and I'm still rated the same. Is it possible I didn't move the needle?  How do I delete the application I opened?  There is no option in va.gov.