VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need More Veterans with Legacy Appeals

Rate this question

Smitty2020

Question

OK everyone follow me on this please, With the new law that Veterans can have "class action lawsuits against the VBA" I am looking for several Veterans that still have a legacy appeal that is over 18 months old. 

1. My legacy appeal to the board was certified to the board on NOV 2017.

2. February 2019 I was informed that my appeal would be completed "SOON".

3. March 2019, refused to move into the AMA system since my appeal was to be competed "soon".

4. DATA collection from the VBA docket completion shows over 1000 AMA appeals completed to 1 Legacy appeal.

5. DATA/Numbers of reported appeals completed on all data points from the VBA do not match or even come close to adding up.

6. Through specific research most legacy appeals that have been completed are "dismissed" due to death of Veteran.

7. Legacy appeals once certified to board are averaging 36-60 months for completion, where AMA are 60-120 months from completion. 

What I am looking for is Veterans that are still in the Legacy appeal system? Is your appeal based on terminal issues? Is your appeal fully developed? Were you told roughly during the implementation of the AMA system that your appeal would be completed "SOON"? Is your appeal over 18 months from being certified to the board? 

I have a couple law firms that are interested in what is going on with us Veterans left in the Legacy system.

I am in full belief that many of us were lied to about our appeals being completed "SOON" so that we would not move into the AMA system to allow them to move through the appeals faster and stay within the time frame they gave Congress. Also, would like to know ow many Veterans in the Legacy system could possibly die before their appeal is completed because by leaving certain appeals in the legacy system guarantees no benefits past down to dependents after death. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

On 8/20/2020 at 6:19 AM, Smitty2020 said:

OK everyone follow me on this please, With the new law that Veterans can have "class action lawsuits against the VBA" I am looking for several Veterans that still have a legacy appeal that is over 18 months old. 

The new law is for VA doctors and malpractice. Not the BVA which is a court.

Smitty 2020 I  also have a legacy appeal that has been in the system since 2000.

I am know 100 P&T schedular rating but that was not an easy road by no means.  

I would be happy to get involved in this , I am  currently in the status of the judge is reviewing my appeal.