VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA added IU claim...what if I'm not ready?

Rate this question

mb76

Question

I just did an REF for MDD/GAD. VA.gov has a "IU (new)" claim and also a request for a TDUI application within 30 days. I'm a little miffed because I understood that the rating decision would have been made within weeks but now they estimate it to be in November.

What are the ramifications of me not filing an application for TDIU now but possibly filing one down the road (months or years)? How can I tell the VA to forget about TDIU and hurry up with the rating? The anxiety is bothering me. I want to know if they will lower, keep the same, or increase my rating. I can't sleep.

• HadIt.com Elder

Most of the time when a Veteran is diagnose for PTSD and is giving a 100% rating  or even a 70% or 50% rating,  The veterans VA M.H.Counselor or MH Dr Will ask the veteran to give all his fire arms and any weapons to other members of his family he is not living with and get them out of his home ASAP.

• HadIt.com Elder

As for as other posters as members of hadit can post in any post that is not off the TOPIC of the OP.

At times this may bring confustment to others that are posting on this TOPIC but goes into detail about their experience, this is ok because this poster is telling the OP what has help or worked for them and could be beneficial to the OP

It is not ok for any  poster to answer the OP that starts a different topic or ask a question in the OP post   this only is more confusing to the OP.

SO we suggest the member asking an off topic question in the OP post to start another thread  or post for them self  to be help better.

We at Hadit also suggest we all be civil to each other and be polite in all post.

On 8/22/2020 at 5:18 AM, GBArmy said:

Packmanx1 and Seminoles1 OK boys; enough on this subject. Does no good to comment on  "he said, she said." Consider this a warning-NO MORE RESPONSES.

I removed my post so not to confuse anyone.  I am WARNED and leaving lol.  I am xxxxxxx 100% PT all on my own, no help from you all........and I am NOT a guy. 

• HadIt.com Elder

seminoles

Please don't leave hadit,  your post are beneficial to veterans and I always liked reading your post.

your really needed here at hadit.

please think it over and keep helping these veterans.

We all just need to agree to disagree at times and be civil to each other.

Edited by Buck52

I agree with Buck.  Dont leave hadit.  If one or more members anger you, put them on ignore.  Or, better yet, forgive them and reconcile.  Dont throw out the baby with the bath water.  

Seminole, I agree with the others that you should not leave. Don't take it personal as to, as I stated it is confusing trying to keep track at who said what and who is rated what.  My post was not to insult you but to (IMHO) keep the thread on track. I like others post my own experiences but don't let that get you down. I am quite sure that your experiences can help and assist others.