VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can`t Take It Much Longer

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

I got excited an hour ago when I took a brown envelope out of the mailbox. When I opened it, it was a statement of case with a form 9 for an NOD. It listed one of my shrinks name as evidence along with many other things. It stated I had been denied my appeal for SCC Cancer Stage IV b. I never filed an appeal regarding my Cancer denial from last year. I filed for a PTSD increase as you know.

I immediately called the 800 number and was told I would have to write a letter and start all over again. If I didn`t have my 13 year old little girl I would say the hell with the world.

Cavman

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Cavman,

You can still say "to hell with the world" but you've gotta go on with this!!!!

Remember a NOD isn't the same as filling out a Form 9! Right now, the important thing is the calendar. If you have time, you can request a "Reconsideration" and tell them just how they f---ed up. Or, maybe a NOD with a DRO hearing request.

Don't freak and don't climb into the toilet. You're still OK.

Just gotta seek the sage advice of others on Hadit and keep going. We're all here for you!

Ralph

I got excited an hour ago when I took a brown envelope out of the mailbox. When I opened it, it was a statement of case with a form 9 for an NOD. It listed one of my shrinks name as evidence along with many other things. It stated I had been denied my appeal for SCC Cancer Stage IV b. I never filed an appeal regarding my Cancer denial from last year. I filed for a PTSD increase as you know.

I immediately called the 800 number and was told I would have to write a letter and start all over again. If I didn`t have my 13 year old little girl I would say the hell with the world.

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

Well Florida would say you are in perfect position. Now you can go directly to the BVA. I think that you need to have contact personal and upfront with the VA. If you are able take it and you paperwork to the VARO and go over it with a VA Councilor. Trust me it will go a lot faster for you if you can do that.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavman,

From what I can remember from your previuos post, you recieved a rating decision in which the VA awarded 50% for PTSD and denied the Cancer all in one. When you sent the NOD to the regional office and just stated you disagreed with that rating decision in general with out stating the specific rating you disagreed with, then the VA should have sent you a letter asking whic disability rating in that particular decision you wished to appeal. Now, if the VA didn't send a letter to you asking that, then they took your NOD as an appeal of all the issues on the rating. If this is the case, then that's why you received a SOC on your cancer. It also looks like they'll either grant your 70% for PTSD or issue a SOC on hat particular issue at a later date; probably when the claim for IU is decided as the two are related.

Now, if you specifically stated in your NOD that you were appealing just the PTSD rating and the VA sent you a SOC for your cancer, then they dropped the ball here and like the 1-800 jockey said, a simple letter explaining what happened will take caer of things. Don't panic, everything wil work itself out.

Vike 17

Guest fla_viking

Dear Caveman

This is why the appeal process exists. I think you read enough of my posts on how screwed up the RO process is. IF you really feel they screwed you. Then take them to outside review.

Veterans to avoid depression or disapointment have to relize this is a battel only to be really fought in the upper court appeals process.

Terry Higgins