VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

General Compensation Question

Rate this question

PEACHES1962

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 hours ago, PEACHES1962 said:

Thanks guys for both points of views and the information you both provided is great.  If it ends up being denied that is alright too.  Also, I don't need to me TDIU as I am already 100% P&T and employed.  But again I do appreciate both you guys input and as usual this site is very informative.

Due to the fact that you are 100% P & T and employed means that VA will never grant you a TDIU Claim. Always Keep in mind that TDIU (Total Disability Individual Unemployability) is for veterans that cannot, I repeat cannot work due to their service connected disability(s). Even if you stopped working today, Your 100% rating is higher than the TDIU criteria/threshold because your current service connected disability(s) have already been rated as combined schedular ratings. In other words there must be a decrease in your ratings before VA would or even could grant you a TDIU claim and that is not likely to happen.  

• HadIt.com Elder

PEACHES1962

sorry I didn't see that you were 100%  P&T

pacmanx1 is correct  if your employed that means no TDIU for you.

However don't let that stop you from filing more claims,  if you have more claims definitely  file for them.

Your 100% P&T now & if you get another s.c. condition separate from the ones you have for the 100%   the other s.c. conditions can count toward getting the SMC  and they can be combined as long as they add up to 60% or higher  using VA Math

or if you just get one condition is  rated at 60%  then with your already 100% P&T Should make you eligible  for the SMC S.  So with you being P&T that definitely will help.