VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CFS

Rate this question

KFEDERAL

Question

A noncompensable evaluation is assigned from November 15, 2019. Service connection has been established from the day VA received your formal application on February 19, 2013. Your claim has been continuously pursued. They assigned a 0 percent evaluation and deferred for: VA medical opinion. I have a C&P exam this week. The question I'm asking if I get 10%-100% would they back pay me from March 2013 for what ever the percent they rate me at.

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Agree with Tbird. "S-C has been est. as 2-19-13"; so hopefully, you get the disability you deserve from that date to now. Good luck, Kfederal.

1 hour ago, KFEDERAL said:

A noncompensable evaluation is assigned from November 15, 2019. Service connection has been established from the day VA received your formal application on February 19, 2013. Your claim has been continuously pursued. They assigned a 0 percent evaluation and deferred for: VA medical opinion. I have a C&P exam this week. The question I'm asking if I get 10%-100% would they back pay me from March 2013 for what ever the percent they rate me at.

We would need to see the actual letter from the VA. Did they defer for a medical opinion for CFS?  

It seems weird that they would say service connections established from February 19, 2013 and then give you a 0% rating assigned from November 15, 2019.  

Match your symptoms to the criteria.

6354 Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS): Debilitating fatigue, cognitive impairments (such as inability to concentrate, forgetfulness, or confusion), or a combination of other signs and symptoms: Which are nearly constant and so severe as to restrict routine daily activities almost completely and which may occasionally preclude self-care .......................................................................................100

Which are nearly constant and restrict routine daily activities to less than 50 percent of the pre-illness level, or; which wax and wane, resulting in periods of incapacitation of at least six weeks total duration per year ..................................................................60

Which are nearly constant and restrict routine daily activities to 50 to 75 percent of the pre-illness level, or; which wax and wane, resulting in periods of incapacitation of at least four but less than six weeks total duration per year ..........................................................40

Which are nearly constant and restrict routine daily activities by less than 25 percent of the pre-illness level, or; which wax and wane, resulting in periods of incapacitation of at least two but less than four weeks total duration per year ........................................................20

Which wax and wane but result in periods of incapacitation of at least one but less than two weeks total duration per year, or; symptoms controlled by continuous medication ..........................................10

Note: For the purpose of evaluating this disability, incapacitation exists only when a licensed physician prescribes bed rest and treatment.