HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021 ×

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

6%
    $100.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021

CHAMPVA and Dependents' Education Assistance

Question

Hello everyone and a big thank you to everyone on this page for the posts that I have read while going through my process. I am currently rated at 100% schedular. Today I received a letter from the VA in the mail with a rating decision stating that I currently have a total service-connected disability, permanent in nature. I have looked on the VA website for info about the CHAMPVA but it seems very limited in detail. Does anyone have insight on that?

Thank you for any reply ahead of time!

Alan

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Admin

https://www.gov/health-care/family-caregiver-benefits/champva/ 

The forms to apply are on line. You have  180 days from receipt of the decision, to submit any and all claims your dependants medical care. It goes back to the effective date.

As far as CHapter 35, as long as the student is under the age of 23 and is enrolled and has selected a Major, Champ VA will cover them. 

Call them and ask direct questions. Here is a Podcast with ChampVA that may help: https://hadit.com/hadit-podcast-replay-with-glen-johnson/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By 1Cavvet
      In 2017 I received my award letter and it stated that I was tdiu permanent and total with no future exams. Since then I have never received anything in the mail from the VA asking whether I'm working or not or earned any income.
      I got curious about this and read up on a few posts that they now verify if there's any earned income through Social Security and IRS.

My question is in 2019 I earned $600 helping an elderly family friend around her house. I cleaned her yard, cut the grass and things of that nature on the days I felt well enough to do it. It was an hour here and there. The total for the year was 600. Well now fast-forward to 2020 it's tax time and since I earned $600 I filed that on my taxes under household worker. I did not realize that I was not required to file taxes under a certain amount of earned income.

Nevertheless the taxes have been filed and now I'm worried that this could compromise my tdiu permanent and total status even though I have read up on marginal and or gainful employment criteria and the 600 earned is way under the poverty threshold. 

I guess most of the worry comes from the conflicting information I read on posts some say that if you make under a certain amount of money under the poverty threshold and are not involved in gainful employment or your employment is marginal then you really don't don't have anything to worry about.
      On the flip side I've read plenty of post where people say if you work and income is reported you'll be electronically flagged and lose your tdiu so I really need some help and guidance please on how this could affect me and what I should do if I receive something in the mail from the VA.
    • By marine0816
      Can't believe that I'm 100% Permanent and Total. With VA jerking me around for all these years, but without the help from Hadit I wouldn't  be here. The fight continues at the BVA level to hold on to what I've got, but now I can rest a little easier. The property Tax Exemption and the free Dependent Tuition is what my injuries deserved and that is what I was pushing for. I've seen Rheumatologist, Podiatrist, Vascular Surgeons, General Doctors, VA Doctors Nurse Practitioners,  combined, with hundreds of pages of medical evidence along with buddy statements to help solidify my case. If you look at my signature you can see my journey, the good years are the HADIT YEARS. Thanks to everyone that helped me out...

FLASHBACK To my first post back in 2013.. WOW, I had no clue I would be here

• By jfrei
      I know that I qualify for the program by just reading the requirements but qualifying is a different issue. If I am using this program to get management of my daily living with my family, is that a denial when they see my PTSD and sTBI have been made Permanent by the VA for the rest of my life?
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines