VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowance

Rate this question

Alex Worden

Question

I applied for this years clothing allowance and have not got a denial letter from the VA and have not received the allowance.  Does anyone know if the allowance has been paid out yet?  

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It starts, I believe end of August, but takes a little while. I'd give it a couple weeks more, then put in an IRIS request on your claim.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:29 AM, Alex Worden said:

I applied for this years clothing allowance and have not got a denial letter from the VA and have not received the allowance.  Does anyone know if the allowance has been paid out yet?  

I filed my application for clothing allowance on "Monday July 13th 2020" and it was paid to me on "Wednesday August 19th 2020" by direct deposit. The deadline for filing is "August 1st 2020." If your application was received by VA on or before that date, you should be ok. According to VA.gov, it states the following:

"Note: If you qualify, you’ll receive payments between September 1 and October 31."

Your location could play a factor in regards to processing times for these types of claims. I was a little surprised that I got my payment so early. Here is the link if want to read more information about it:

https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/special-claims/clothing-allowance/