• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Question

I applied for this years clothing allowance and have not got a denial letter from the VA and have not received the allowance.  Does anyone know if the allowance has been paid out yet?  

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It starts, I believe end of August, but takes a little while. I'd give it a couple weeks more, then put in an IRIS request on your claim.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:29 AM, Alex Worden said:

I applied for this years clothing allowance and have not got a denial letter from the VA and have not received the allowance.  Does anyone know if the allowance has been paid out yet?  

I filed my application for clothing allowance on "Monday July 13th 2020" and it was paid to me on "Wednesday August 19th 2020" by direct deposit. The deadline for filing is "August 1st 2020." If your application was received by VA on or before that date, you should be ok. According to VA.gov, it states the following:

"Note: If you qualify, you’ll receive payments between September 1 and October 31."

Your location could play a factor in regards to processing times for these types of claims. I was a little surprised that I got my payment so early. Here is the link if want to read more information about it:

https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/special-claims/clothing-allowance/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JaeT.21
      Hello, I missed last year's clothing allowance deadline. Currently using a hinged knee brace and an AFO foot brace, both on the same leg.  I applied on time for this year. I thought we got it in August. Some posts have said in September. 
      I searched both e-benefits and VA.gov to check the status;nothing.

When do we get it?
      How can I check the status?

Thanks.
    • By Kihr
      I submitted my claim 9/24, I had the C&P exams on 11/6, and I am still waiting.  I talked to my VSO today and she said I was "Awaiting adjudication" and that it could be several more months and I may need more exams.  I know the VA is a long process, but it has been 10 months already and I am not sure what "awaiting adjudication" means.  The VSO seemed a little annoyed, I call about 1 time a month, it just is frustrating.  I don't know why a claim should take 10 months, I know I have read about appeals taking years so I shouldn't complain.  I just feel that 10 months is an unreasonable amount of time to be "months away"  
    • By nacole
      Hi, Berta (everyone), I am curious if there’s any instructions on how to go about:
      DIC is granted & accrued / death pension benefits are denied. My VA rep (Colorado VA office), recently explained to me that my mom was awarded DIC benefits ( I filed on her behalf ), effective the day of his death (my dad died Dec.30, 2017) of...
      1-Pneumonia  
      2-COPD
      3-CAD
      but, we (she) was denied accrued because the Army / VA did not owe him any money, since he never filed for benefits while alive. While that part is true, he never filed because he was told he did not have agent orange, he was told he “wasn’t in the right theater”, course that “theater” explanation is false. Vietnam establishes theater now, period. My dad was on ground (in air) for a year. Further my dad’s records I received from archives (medals included) do not have a lot of information in them. I have a hard time understanding what they do say. My dad was 191st Military Intellegence, not sure if that is why I have trouble making sense of the records they gave me or if that has anything to do with why I had such a trouble free approval on DIC portion of our claim (approved first time & expedited approval within 3 months)..to which we are grateful. However, I have an original document from 1989 that reads, “ In regards to YOU’RE request to be tested for agent orange...Donald L. Welch...” (my dad)..you’re appointment is scheduled for ...1989 at ... etc. then written in red pen on the top of the document is written “6-8 weeks”. I prusume his “testing” (set for an entire day 8am-6pm) did not inform my dad he had exposure, because he then would have filed! Yet, clearly he did (death certificate reads CAD) & DIC awarded for presumptive CAD! Throughout his lengthy medical history of:  Arteries blocked (multiple), Surgical stents, cardiac-arrest, COPD,  bronchitis-chronic, lung problems, etc. He believed he did not qualify for benefits. Months before his death he went to VA medical at his brothers insistence & on the way home from getting RX (for the first time ever from the VA) he told his brother he was told he wasn’t in the “theater” for agent orange benefits. By the time he got his first RX delivered through the mail...he was dead....of CAD. How do I prove establish that he would have filed for benefits (as far back as 1989, document attached), if they had not told him he didn’t qualify & wasn’t exposed? How do I get addditional records when he was military intelligence? I can’t even find out what battles, his medal citations are even from. I also know his helicopter crashed while he was in Vietnam and his back had either whipping marks or shrapnel scarred all over it...I want to know why. No records if him being a POW. Can anyone link me in the right direction? I’ll have to figure out how to attach documents to post- will follow through.

• By Dbranson
      I am the sole caretaker for my spouse which makes it extremely difficult to leave and go to a VA facility to file my claim. When I registered for Ebenefits it says I have to have a Premium Account but I cannot just leave for the in person verification.
      It is imperative that I get benefits because of recent health status and also the full time care my wife will need if/when I need a treatment plan.

Can somebody direct me on how to get VA Form 21-526 filled out and also to obtain my C File? I have a portion of my medical record  frm my time in service in the Army from 1972-1976.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated, I live in a fairly remote area without a local VSO or Rep.

Regards
    • By Sudo
      I was wondering if anyone has successfully appealed the VA decision to deny Annual Clothing Allowance claim. On yesterday, I received a letter form the VA stating that my claim was denied for my Annual Clothing Allowance. I submitted pictures of the braces which were provided by the VA Prosthetics in Fayetteville, it is the ones with the metal hinges on the side. I also submitted pictures of clothing items that were ruined as a result of the braces. I was encouraged to do fill out a appeal by an employee in prosthetics. Please advise me on how I should handle this matter.   
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 7 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
    • Help HadIt.com stay online buy a subscription
      If you can afford it and want to help hadit.com consider buying a subscription this gives you as free viewing of the site and allows me to budget in subscription payments.

You can try it for 1 month for $5 or get a monthly subscription or a yearly subscription.

Subscribe here https://community.hadit.com/subscriptions/
      • 6 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines