VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Decision!

Rate this topic

Brandy

I wanted to say thank you all for your wonderful comments.

1968:

I don't know if you had an opportunity to read any of my postings regarding my husband's claim, but he was already service connected for his DMI since he was discharged from service. His DMI caused multiple secondary conditions over the last several years. He had to have a below knee amputation and developed CAD and has had hypertension that is still out of control. Along with severe PVD and PN of his extremities and he is in stage 4 chronic kidney failure. We submitted over 650 pages of private doctor and hospital records. We did not have any IMO's, no letter's from his doctor's, just medical records and our own letter's that we submitted explaining what we were claiming and how the conditions were related to his DMI. We also asked our local congressman for assistance in expediting a decision due to our financial situation.

Tbird:

Thank you, it really does feel like a miracle and that is just what we are doing... getting our financial situation in order. That's why I have not been around hadit too much lately. I have been checking in every now and then.

Jangrin:

I know that your husband's claim is similar to my husband's. I really hope that you get a decision soon on your claim.

I mentioned in my first posting some special thanks to everyone, but I would also like to thank John999, Jangrin and Pete. You also gave me some good advise to some questions I had.

Again, thanks to all at hadit. :)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Brandy I am really happy that your husbands claim was approved and that you are satisfied. Like you advised I hope that you stay here. Helping other Vets is truly a rewarding advocation.

Enjoy your benefits and be sure that you get the CHAMPVA and Insurance waiver of premiums. Don't forget about Social Security if you don't already have it and check on Veterans Benefits in your State.

In Texas I get a break on Property Taxes a Free Fishing License and I could get 5 dollar license plate for car and some other stuff.

Guest jangrin

Brandy,

I am so glad that this claim went through for you guys. DMI and DMII are debiliatating in that often times such as your husbands case the secondary conditions caused by the DMI are so much worse. I hope that the money helps, but more importantly I hope that having the claim resolved helps you both to have some quality stress free time together.

Glad I could help, I too am still learning and there certainly is alot to this VA claim stuff.

God Bless,

Jangrin

Brandy,

I have not share much recently on Hadit but arriving here th is evening and finding your note (as well as those others b yfellow Hadit Members) made my day better. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get through to the approval?

Best wishes for a long life.

Josh

Brandy,

I have not share much recently on Hadit but arriving here th is evening and finding your note (as well as those others b yfellow Hadit Members) made my day better. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get through to the approval?

Best wishes for a long life.

Josh

It took a little more than 13 months from claim to decision.