VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp le juene favorable finding. Does this mean there is a service connection for a disability from ca?

Rate this question

KellyD

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Camp Lejeune with a favorable finding on my claim for widow's benefits but it did not give me any benefits what is the reason and what can I do to fix the problem to have a valid claim for Camp Lejeune qualifying my husband's death being cancer

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi KellyD I don't know if you realize it, but you posted the same question 3 times. Once usually will get a response. So, lets be a little clearer on what your issue is. What kind of benefits do you seek? Your husband passed from cancer, was stationed at CLJ when; what years, how long? When were you married? Was he disabled by the VA and if so, when, and what were his disabilities?

Kelly, Welcome to hadit. 

Yours is a good question, but like GBArmy said, we may need more to give a great answer.  

My first question, you posted:

Camp Lejeune with a favorable finding on my claim for widow's benefits but it did not give me any benefits what is the reason and what can I do to fix the problem to have a valid claim for Camp Lejeune qualifying my husband's death being cancer

Did you get a VARO decision which stated a "favorable finding"?  It may help to post the decision, redacting your private information.  Its possible this was an "award" and you need only wait for your DIC to arrive.  We really cant tell for sure, tho, unless you post the decision.  

You said the decision "did not give you any benefits".  Was this a denial?  What were the reasons for denial?  

I assume the VA acknowledged his exposure to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune but maybe his type of cancer is not on this list:

(source https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/hazardous-materials-exposure/camp-lejeune-water-contamination/)

You may be able to get disability benefits if you meet all of the requirements listed below.

Both of these must be true. You:

• Served at Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River for at least 30 cumulative days from August 1953 through December 1987, and
  • Didn’t receive a dishonorable discharge when you separated from the military

And you must have a diagnosis of one or more of these presumptive conditions:

• Adult leukemia
  • Aplastic anemia and other myelodysplastic syndromes
  • Bladder cancer
  • Kidney cancer
  • Liver cancer
  • Multiple myeloma
  • Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
  • Parkinson’s disease

We have a full DIC forum here and I will find the Read First page.

I am a widow of a Marine myself and have many posts in the DIC forum...these guys are right -we need more info-

It would help us if you can follow the advise here to scan and attach the decision as to the evidence list and their reason for denial.

Cover your C file , name, address, prior to scanning it .