VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Case close for increase claim

Rate this question

tuanntrang

Question

Hello everyone,

Happy labors day to all, so my question was i my current disability is rated at 50% since last years, since then i haven't seen any improvement myself, I haven't work much or able to keep a stable job, my last job was at home depot for prob 2 months as a greeters around the end of 2019, I just submit all my disability for an increase on may 2020 and my case just close on September 3rd 2020, when to only 1 C&P exam where the doctor just ask me about my injury and how it feel about it, if i pull any muscle or tears any thing, i told the doctor it just hurt when walk or stand, some flare up sometime on my knee. so i limited myself to mostly sit or lay on bed, can't keep a job for long. She told me so you disable then and just told me the exam is finish. No extra check up/exam, No xray or mri.

I know my case is complete and the letter should be here soon, but my question is how likely for me to get an increase? if so how much could i percent should i expected?

I heard from someone that if i get approve most likely my ebenefits rating should have changes before my letter arrived, if it doesn't chance til my letter arrive that mean most likely is a denied letter.

left hip and thigh strain with limited flexion 0% Service Connected   01/30/2019
right hip and thigh strain with impairment 0% Service Connected   01/30/2019
left hip and thigh strain with impairment 0% Service Connected   01/30/2019
right knee strain with stress fracture residuals of pain and limited ROM 10% Service Connected   05/23/2019
left hip and thigh strain with limited extension 10% Service Connected   01/30/2019
back condition   Not Service Connected    
right ankle status post stress fracture 10% Service Connected   10/29/2018
left ankle status post stress fracture 10% Service Connected   10/29/2018
right hip and thigh strain with limited extension 10% Service Connected   01/30/2019
right hip and thigh strain with limited flexion 0% Service Connected   01/30/2019
left knee strain with stress fracture residuals of pain and limited ROM 10% Service Connected  

05/23/2019

1 hour ago, pacmanx1 said:

OK now I am confused, why does it appear that items 1, 5, and 7 are for the same condition/disability and items 2, 6, and 8 are for the same condition/disability? Hopefully others will chime in but this is crazy. Are these conditions supposed to be rated separately?  How are the coded?

I'm just confuse as you pacmanx1,

If my condition is worst why upgrade to 60% then lower to 50%
I guess maybe they deffere my ankle that why they reduce 60 to 50%

2. I call peggy and they say they can't tell me my content unless decision letter come, i told them it did but the claim still pending on ebenefit, I check va.gov and ebenefit still 50% and at "Gather of evidence" stage. Maybe the claim system is not update due to lack of staff.

I check the decision letter it dated november 25,2020.

I'm really have no option but to wait,i seen the 2 hip and thigh limited increase to 10 then it decrease, the weird thing is so i got oay an extra 430 something the orher day from the va. So i thought maybe is a 60% upgrade, usually is 1400 something for 60%. But i guess i wait alittle longer to see if ebenefit update.

Edited by tuanntrang

What confuses me about your rating is that items 1, 5, and 7 rates your Left hip and thigh and item 2, 6, and 8 rates your Right hip and thigh. Items 3 and 4 are deferred and they discuss your 3. Left Ankle, 4. Right Ankle.  Which will be re-evaluated after a new medical examination.  

2 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

I can see your File number on this post. Ends with 4579. I can delete my post here if you need me to but you will have to delete your original.

Thanks for pointed it out i finally see the case mumber, i just delete it, if you could delete the quote image from your post that be great.

Update 12/10/2020- Got a called from VES evaluation service for another appointment, she say in a week or 2 i should recieved a letter letting me know when and where it take place. I guess ebenefit error cause they didn't update at all, this is the first time for me that i seen it postpone this long, usually for me i claim couple time and usually it a 3 month process from start to end. I remember some claim i did i just get measure on my knee and that was it but some require measure and xray, i guess they want an xray in my ankle this time since it been awhile since i have an xray on that area.

Edited by tuanntrang