VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

c&p LHI on back related

Rate this question

joe velasquez

Question

4 answers to this question

Show up for the exam 15 minutes early, be polite, truthfull,  and cooperative.  And, have the answer to this question:

"How are you today, Mr. Veteran?"

If you give the proverbial "Fine", then you will be backpedalling the whole exam.  If you are "fine", why are you applying for a disability?

Instead, tell the Doc what happened on your worst day, not today.  

Example:  

"How are you today, Mr. Veteran?"

"Thanks for asking.  Today is much better than Thursday, when I got arrested for domestic violence..  (Now tell him what happened on your worst day.)  USE what happened to you, not this exapmple.  Tell the doc what hapepned on your worst day.  

Think about it.  You break your arm.  You go to the doc, and have to wait 5 hours to see him, and it does not feel too bad when you finally get to see the doc.  Do you tell him...

Hey, I feel fine.  Never mind, just cancel the appointment, it doesnt hurt any more.  Im not worried about xrays, and all that stuff.  It takes too long.  

NO.  You want an xray to see if you need a cast, even if it does not hurt the minute the doc walks in.  Tell the doc how bad it hurt when you broke your arm!  And, you are gonna have to try to sleep tonite!  You may need something for the pain, even tho you dont hurt this second.  

When they have you do range of motion (ROM), stop when you first feel pain and tell the examiner that you feel pain. Don't try to be tough and push through the pain. They are not supposed to make you bend any further past the pain. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Just be truthful and answer all the questions the best you can if you don't know the answer then simply say you don't know.

If your having this C&P Exam for a PTSD Claim I agree with bronco  but try not to give out to much information and rattle on for 30 minutes, the examiner will ask you some questions  and you just answer them the best you can,

What Ms Tbird added as well  read that.

A lot of these exams It depends on What your C&P Is for ?

because most of the examiners are different in the way they conduct the exam...if you happen to get a compassionate Dr  the exam won't be so bad.

Most examiner's are quiet and just read from the computer, We'll that's the way they did a few years ago & back in 2000 when I had a Few C&P Exams, it maybe different now days?

I had a bad examiner and rude for my C&P exam  for my hearing loss claim lasted 5 minutes ...ended up in Appeals.

And a very compassionate Dr Psychiatrist P.H.D.   for my PTSD C&P exam, she mention to me she read about my stressors in Medical Records & STR;S  and will not be asking me about those,  she said she didn't want to remind me  of those  ect,,ect,,,then she went on with her questions .

I don't think she ever ask me how I was today..maybe because she knew why I was there in the first place.  THIS EXAM LASTED  ABOUT 90 MINUTES.

Just be truthful and be yourself.