• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Exposedvet/Hadit.com Verterans Podcast featuring Ray Cobb, Thursday Sept 10, 2020 at 7:00pm edt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As Ms Tbird posted above '' ''Click Additional Benefits on your dashboard. Click Veteran Readiness and Employment Program. Apply for the Veteran Readiness and Employment p

• Admin

VR&E Independent Living track source: VA.gov

If your service-connected disability limits your ability to perform activities of daily living (like bathing, dressing, accessing the community, and interacting with others) and you can’t return to work right away, you may qualify for independent living services through the Independent Living track. You may also receive these services as you work to find a job if that’s a goal you and your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) have created. In both cases, your VRC can help you restore your daily-living activities. 

Find out if you may be eligible for services through Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) to help you live as independently as possible.

Can I get independent living services through VR&E?
You may be eligible for independent living services if you’re a service member or Veteran with a service-connected disability who is eligible for VR&E benefits, and you meet all of the requirements listed below.

All of these must be true:

You have a serious employment handicap (SEH), and
Your disabilities prevent you from looking for or returning to work, and
You’re in need of services to live as independently as possible
Please note: Having an employment handicap means your service-connected disability limits your ability to prepare for, obtain, and maintain suitable employment (a job that doesn’t make your disability worse, is stable, and matches your abilities, aptitudes, and interests). 

What kind of benefits can I get?
Depending on your needs, services may include:

Evaluation and counseling to identify your needs and goals
Referral to support resources
Evaluation to see if you're eligible for the VR&E home adaptation grant. This grant is part of your rehabilitation plan to improve accessibility features in your home.
Guidance to help you understand if you’re eligible for our adaptive-housing programs. These programs can help you make changes to your home—like widening doorways or adding ramps—so you can live more independently.
Learn more about adaptive housing grants
These services generally last up to 24 months. In some cases, you may be able to use services for longer than this.

How do I get these benefits?
First, you’ll need to apply for VR&E benefits. Then, you’ll work with your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC).

If you have your VA disability rating, follow these steps to apply:
Sign in to your eBenefits account.

Click Additional Benefits on your dashboard.

Click Veteran Readiness and Employment Program.

Apply for the Veteran Readiness and Employment program.

If you’re eligible, we’ll invite you to an orientation session at your nearest VA regional office.

If you’re eligible, a VRC will work with you to determine the severity of your service-connected disability, if you’re ready to work, and if you’ll benefit from independent living services. Your VRC will help you create a personalized, written independent living plan that meets your needs

i currently have a job that goes above and beyond to help me and allows me to work. but if i were to ever lose this job i wouldnt be able to find one that could be so flexible(take time off when i need, working from home as needed due to stress etc) i have lost many jobs in the past i believe due to my PTSD and TBI issues. would someone like me be eligible for any assistance even though i am currently employed? i have never looked into this. i have heard about these programs but always thought bc i work i am disqualified.

i would love to be able to take some classes to help further my skills in my current job but the GI bill doesn't pay unless you are full time student, and i cant handle that kind of load. 1-2 classes is all i can manage at a time and even that is a challenge with my disabilities. 

i also only have one bathroom in our house. its on the second floor and the shower is a clawfoot tub. i have dreamed of getting a walkin/roll-in shower because i have fallen so many times getting in and out due to my leg, feet and back injuries. again i never thought i would be eligible for these programs bc i have all my limbs and thought it was mainly for wheelchair bound. 

thanks for any advice

As Ms Tbird posted above

''

''Click Additional Benefits on your dashboard.

Click Veteran Readiness and Employment Program.

Apply for the Veteran Readiness and Employment program.

If you’re eligible, we’ll invite you to an orientation session at your nearest VA regional office.

If you’re eligible, a VRC will work with you to determine the severity of your service-connected disability, if you’re ready to work, and if you’ll benefit from independent living services. Your VRC will help you create a personalized, written independent living plan that meets your needs''

The new Voc-Rehab is now called

VETERANS  READINESS AND EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM  = (VREP)

• Like 1

YOU CAN CALL INTO THIS  VETERANS EXPOSED HADIT RADIO SHOW TONIGHT AND ASK RAY COBB YOUR QUESTIONS  AND i AM SURE J BasserAND Jerald Cook CAN GIVE YOU SOME ANSWERS AS WELL.

CLINK THE LINK J Basser HAS ON HIS ADVERTISEMENT POST AT THE TOP  TO GET TO THE LIVE SHOW   AT 7:00PM EASTERN 6:00PM CENTRAL TONIGHT  9-10/200

Remember the blog-talk radio show is tonight.