VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental confusion

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

May-
1. Filed for increase on mental health condition (Depression 2nd to Tinnitus)
2. VES exam, didnt go well, got reduced. Examiner said I had another condition, it wasn't service related, etc, etc. 
July-
3. Filed a supplemental with a DBQ from a private psychologist (looked like 50-70 percent)
August-
4. New exam from QTC, went well, probably around 70 percent 
5.  VSO told me a few weeks ago they sent it back to examiner for medical opinion. I know the QTC examiner had mentioned that they did not ask for one in which he thought was odd during my exam in August. 
September- 
6. VSO told me today that they sent it back to the VES examiner from May, and the examiner basically regurgitated the same thing he already said. He already provided a medical opinion previously in May. Examiner said I had OCD (never been diagnosed by anyone in 5 years). 

I am confused to why they sent it back to the VES examiner and not my most recent examiner? Could this be a mistake? Thanks. Not sure how this will pan out. 

The peripheral nerve exam wasn't even ordered until after the ankle exam was completed. From my time working there that tells me that either the rater reviewed the claim and ankle exam and saw that there was nerve involvement and then either ordered or asked the VSR to order the peripheral nerve exam. This claim was secondary to nerve problems anyway so I was expecting a peripheral nerve exam. But since I've had surgery on this foot/ankle a couple of times I'm sure there's some overlap with soft tissue, bones and nerves. 

There wasn't a scheduling book just laying around. It was a printout of the schedule and it was completely empty other than my name. My appointment was scheduled for 2:30pm and the NP had even told me the day before that I could come in much earlier if I wanted to. In fact, she wanted me to come in earlier but I wasn't able to.  

I get a printout frequently of "my" appointments.  If I have only one, it would seem like mine was the only one.  Possible, that doc saw "only you" that day, but unlikley.  It probably does not matter to you, that much anyway.