VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P being "reworked"?

Rate this question

XIbodybag

Question

Hey all,

Bit of an update.  I have been SC for PTSD at 30% and tinnitus at 10%, denied for two other conditions and my TBI claim was "deferred".  I had my TBI C&P about a month ago and in the process I've recieved two notifications on va.gov that two more exams have been scheduled.  Well I called VES today after not hearing from them about any new appointments for two weeks and the rep on the phone told me that there was no new exam requested...that the VA actually just "kicked back" the C&P two times.  They said they are "reworking" the exam.  Anyone experience this before but not get scheduled for a new appointment?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't know about splitting them, but more likely asking the doctor to opine on whether they primary etiology is TBI or something else. Its one of the questions on the examination, and they don't always explain it out in rationale enough for the rater to determine. 

The Va made so many errors in diagnosing TBI a few years ago, that now they have to adhere to a new regulations

https://www.veteransdisabilityinfo.com/traumatic-brain-injury-tbi.php

This happened around 2014 and many veterans were denied a proper diagnosis and rating for TBI-

I have articles on this here- cant find yet-

The VA needs to be careful now how they adjudicate TBI claims and the residuals are what they rate. I believe this is why they are double checking the medical 

info they have regarding your TBI.

https://www.veteransdisabilityinfo.com/traumatic-brain-injury-tbi.php

This happened around 2014 and many veterans were denied a proper diagnosis and rating for TBI-

I have articles on this here- cant find yet-I will need to google ,myself anf TBI

I believe in your case they are being Very careful with getting the TBI residuals properly handled and rated.

( more info)

This Afghanistan veteran ( we will see more of these Afghanistan vet claims I am sure) succeeded at the BVA in 15 claims she filed, with only one on remand.

The awards include TBI and PTSD,

This Afghanistan vet also had TBI residuals granted with 6  other awards and some other claims were remanded.

This i something we all need to be aware of the New TBI regulations (2014) 
Edited by Berta
spelling

I had 5 C&P exams for TBI.  I was rated at 50% PTSD.  They are trying to differentiate the two overlapping symptoms they share, and separate the ones that don't.  Don't be surprised if you get called in for more C&P's.  They will send this info. to a head psychologist or two somewhere and let them make the final decision.  Then it probably will go back to the rater.  Give it time.  They do want to get it right and it's very complex.

I had one bad C&P exam out of the 5.  They actually had some psychologist somewhere side with her (4 out of 5 exams were in my favor).  Eventually they were both overruled with overwhelming evidence.  I found this in my C-file.  Eventually they increased my PTSD to 100% with TBI.  They separated my migraines.