VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Call

Rate this question

Ken Dillon

Question

Yesterday, the VA from South Dakota called me, by the way I live in Northeast, to ask me if I went to my last C@P exam with QTC which I did, He told me, he is looking for that information so they can finish my Cervical spine fusion claim, has this happen to anyone else?

Ken

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ken Can't say this has happened to me but get on the horn immediately and call the QTC office where you went. They usually get those exams out quickly, like in a couple of days; that's how they get paid. Leave a detailed message with the examiner you had and ask for a call back. If that doesn't work, ask for the manager. You want that report to go to your RO right away. If they screwed up, maybe the examiner can piece a report together based on his memory? Tricky, maybe. If it isn't caught in some stupid hang up, you may need to get another one.

The VA calls me "sometimes" but not real often.  According to other Veterans, the VA calls them also.  

But, you should be very careful disclosing personal information to people who claim to be with VA, social security, Microsoft Windows, IRS, etc., but are really hackers.  

Given that the caller knew about your recent C and P exam, its likely this was legit.  For example, people call me from "Windows" to tell me my computer is infected.  That is impossible, because I dont own a Windows computer, I have Linux Mint and Apple.  No windows.  

We really do need to watch for scams.  They are getting better and better.  They used to call me claiming to be from "my bank".  Well, "my bank" knows the name of the BANK!!  They dont tell me they are from "the bank".  Instead they give the name of the bank.  

Ditto if they are from "mastercard visa" to reduce my interest rates.  Well, Mastercard Visa have a name, such as Citibank Visa or the like.  "Mastercard" is not a name..its part of the name.  

Basically, I wont give ANY personal information to ANY caller, since I have no way to verify callers identity.  No SSN.  NO passwords.  No username.  If they dont know who I am and they called ME, then they probably are not the real deal.  MY bank knows my name, address, ssn, username and password.  They didnt have a computer failure and they dont need my username and password.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Back in 2012 Some one got a hold of my SS# AND FILED THEIR TAXES  Returns Under my SS# not sure how they did this ? without my name?

but IRS called me and told me I had been a victim of Identity thief and go tot he IRS Fed Building ASAP  I did and they told me my SS# Had been used for taxes  return tax a large sum of money..I said well it was not me had to take tons of paper work to prove who I was,  anyway that took over two years before they caught this person but would not disclose the name. they gave me a PIN # to use  to file taxes or anything to do with IRS , which I do not work at all  so  we just file short form and write I am a disabled Veterans on VA Comp  which is non taxable.

but it sure was hard there for two years.  Identity Thief is  Bad and takes a long time to get straighten out with the IRS .

• HadIt.com Elder
13 hours ago, Ken Dillon said:

Yesterday, the VA from South Dakota called me, by the way I live in Northeast, to ask me if I went to my last C@P exam with QTC which I did, He told me, he is looking for that information so they can finish my Cervical spine fusion claim, has this happen to anyone else?

Ken

well I assume you had the cervical fusion done at the VA?  iF SO  IN THAT CASE YEAH IT'S MORE LIKELY WAS SOMEONE CALLING  FROM THE VA about your claim.

REASON THEY MIGHT HAVE CALLED YOU   SOME TIMES SOME OF THOSE C&P EXAMINERS TAKE THEIR EVER LOVING TIME TO WRITE OUT THEIR REPORT AND SEND IT BACK TO  THE VA.