VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All VA claim (C&P) exam resumption

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

dtoney2000 Sorry, but you have to provide a bit more info so we can help. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you already have a disability rating from the VA? Did you recently file a disability claim and haven't gotten a decision yet? Was it denied? If so, redact your name and other personal info in response and post it on this thread. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Not many of us old dogs (Vietnam Vets) still around,  

There is GB Army and Myself and Alex aka ( Asknod) and a few others that don't post much here on hadit...but you be supprised how many of us are still around and kicking.

There were a good many of us on here at one time  but I guess their dying off.

20 hours ago, dtoney2000 said:

how do you even get a hearing  we ask and ask nothing we try to get a so called VSO and are told you have to get a rating first  then they appeal  they know the vietnam vets are dieing so they wait us out with BS

I think you mean get a denial on your rating and then Appeal, you can Appeal different ways  you can Send in a NOD ( Notice of Disagreement ) after your denied for first time claim or for an incr4ease, you can ask for 3 different ways to hopefully get approved, you can request the Supplemental lane and get more evidence to back up your claim, or you can request a H L R (Higher level Review)  this is to let a Senior DRO (Decision Review Officer) normally at your R.O. to review the claim that was denied  (but remember you can't add new evidence in this lane and hopefully he finds a mistake in your favor to Approve your Claim ,if denied from there  you can request a BVA Review hearing of your claim.   if denied then get you an Attorney and go to the CAVC

*JMO) and (other opinions will vary)

As GB Army mention need more information?

and I am not so sure I understand what you mean dtoney2000?

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck 51 said "Not many of us old dogs (Vietnam Vets) still around"...

I saw this recently from the last census - 523 Vietnam Veterans die every day. Of 3.4 mm that served, only 300K left. And my friend, this is OLD data.

• HadIt.com Elder

Right on GB, Just this last Christmas I had a First Cousin die  HE WAS A 1967/68 Vietnam Vet  he was S.C. FOR DIEBETES AND PARKINGTONS /DEMEMTIA and a few other bad conditions.

He was just 72, his spouse died in 2014 from heartfailure , the their daughter had them both  buried together at the 

Dallas-Ft Worth National Cemetery  for Veterans.

Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery - National Cemetery ...

www.cem.va.gov › cems › nchp › dallasftworth

Currently, more than 1.5 million veterans live in the state of Texas and approximately 460,000 reside in the cemetery's service area. The Dallas-Fort Worth National ...

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck Texas is a very Veteran friendly state to live in; some very good state benefits. Much like Florida. But, you got to like the heat. Heat/humidity is easier on arthritis, but I can't handle it anyway. If I could, I'd move to either one in a heart beat.