VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cpap

Rate this topic

I went in for my second sleep study on Tuesday night. I guess I am one of the lucky ones and was able to adapt to the CPAP extremely well. Instead of my usual 5 - 6 times to the restroom, I only had one, and had a very good nights sleep. I kept waiting to crash yesterday, but I never did. I was awake and alert the whole day. I talked to my VA clinic yesterday. i actually had one appointment moved to next Wednesday. The nurse told me to bring in copioes of the sleep study and the scrip and they would fax it in for review for me to get a CPAP. I used a private pulmonologist. That sped up the process of the sleep study.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Husker,

Congrats to you! A PAP machine is one of the few "instant solutions" to a problem.

Life just got a whole lot better!

Ralph

I went in for my second sleep study on Tuesday night. I guess I am one of the lucky ones and was able to adapt to the CPAP extremely well. Instead of my usual 5 - 6 times to the restroom, I only had one, and had a very good nights sleep. I kept waiting to crash yesterday, but I never did. I was awake and alert the whole day. I talked to my VA clinic yesterday. i actually had one appointment moved to next Wednesday. The nurse told me to bring in copioes of the sleep study and the scrip and they would fax it in for review for me to get a CPAP. I used a private pulmonologist. That sped up the process of the sleep study.

"I kept waiting to crash yesterday, but I never did. I was awake and alert the whole day. "

That's pretty much what happened to me.

After several years on the cpap and bi-pap they restudied me and said that I did not have obstructive apnea anymore.

During the new study I used the bi-pap throughout the test, DUH.

sledge