VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU

Rate this question

Combat eng

Question

It is possible because 4 years ago the VA and SSA changed the way they collect medical info for SSA purposes.

You could check with the SSA office who took your application, to see if they have obtained your VA records,or at least if the record request to VA is in progress.

If the SSA office has an email addy- I would check with them using that, because their reply will be hard copy evidence of the status of your VA medical records. Save their reply.

I just do not put much trust in some of the things the VA does, or is supposed to do, and had my own major rigamorale with them over my husband's SSA records.

His claim for upgrade could possibly have been awarded in his lifetime, if they had actually obtained his records,instead of lying to me about them.

I had to fax a signed 21-3288 to give the VA my permission to use my name on something recently.

It had nothing to do with any VA claim- and was a sensitive issue so I guess that is why the VACO needed it.

Maybe the VA does not need to use the Authorization forms anymore for SSA records.