VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Found random C&P exam

Rate this question

Foxhound6

Question

Not sure who might know this, possibly @brokensoldier244th, but would there be any reason for a C&P exam being performed (in my record), without me filing a claim during the time I had the exam? It appears favorable with exception to the examiner making a remark toward the end.

I recall sitting down with someone from mental health during that time at the VA because I indicated my issues with mental health during my (presumptive from exiting active duty) left knee claim that was SC'd.

I just find it odd that, even with diagnosis and favorable findings, it was never listed as a disability or NSC disability. I never even knew it existed until recently

I can redact and post exam if needed. Thanks!

On 10/1/2020 at 1:43 PM, pacmanx1 said:

In my research I found these regulations and I recently won an EED back to 1998 that VA failed to review my entire records.  It is so important to review your C-File once you receive it to see what was in your file prior to your rating decision. I think some call it "TOP SHEETING" when the rater only reviews the recent documents to rush and complete a rating decision.  As to reading other posts, handwritten progress reports may never see the light unless you the veteran review your file. I am still waiting for VA to finish my claim before I know my next move but at least BVA has already granted the EED and waiting for the local VA to finish my remand which is supposed to be in the mail.    

Congrats! Im thankful you shared that info. I have an attorney now, Rep for Vets out of Florida, Harry Binder. I am wondering if maybe he found all that when he reviewed my case. Im praying he did anyway LOL. That would be a welcomed surprise for me and my family right about now...

If he did catch it, he will have earned his 20% in my book.

UPDATE: I called Peggy this morning (10/2) and my HLR is in the decision phase so perhaps we all will know soon enough.

Edited by Foxhound6