VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts | Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming C&P Exam for Nerve Damage due to surgery; What happens in that C&P?

Rate this question

WBrennan

Question

Long story short. 🙂 My left knee is 30% Service connected.  During the ACL surgery they nerves across the knee were severed and I have no feeling in the outside of my leg from the knee to the top of the foot/ankle area and around the front near the top of my foot.  That area also no longer has hair.  The inner muscle on my calf is significantly smaller than the other.  I have an up and coming C&P exam with VES.   I would like to know what all they do in this exam.  Anyone have an idea?   I don't think it falls under paralysis of the nerve as I still have function.  I don't know if it falls under neuritis or neuralgia?  Anyone have an idea?

Edited by WBrennan
typo correction

Was the C & P exam for a secondary claim- nerve damage due to the 30% SC disability ?

Or was the claim filed under Section 1151?

Has the VA given you any type of diagnosis for the loss of feeling, etc?

Does the 30% reflect the ACL scar?

This decision reveals the 2018 change in ratings of scars.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp19/files12/19191968.txt

Good morning! Thank you all for the response. My knee is rated at the following:

20%: meniscectomy with semilunar cartilage residuals, left knee

10%: left knee meniscal and ligament tear with osteoarthritis

0%: residuals, meniscectomy, left knee

0%: Scar

0%: Scars

I filed the claim as secondary to service connected knee disability using the online forms.  I am curious to what will be done in the C&P exam.

Thank you for the tip about Diagnostic Code 7804.  Fortunately my scars are not painful, otherwise I would now file for it with this new info.  Thank you all!

Edited by WBrennan

Neuritis and neuralgila should be listed in the VA Schedule of ratings-here:

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=e01889934e16ee0751373657d3b13a6e&mc=true&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfr4_main_02.tp

Neuritis is listed about 7/8th down on the scrollbar-to right hand side of your PC 

Neuralgia is listed somewhere there too-

We should have a copy of those blank C & P exams somewhere here under a search.

If this causes you instability of use of the leg, that should be mentioned by you at the exam.

Unfortunately, even if a disability is obviously secondary to a SC disability, many vets need to get an IMO/IME to establish that it is secondary.I believe your surgical medical records would certainly establish it as secondary and I sure hope the VA does not deny the claim.

The VA does not apply common sense to anything.

Edited by Berta
added more