HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021 ×

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

6%
    $100.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021

• Admin

Super Congrats. I know the feeling when that one hits. Like a concrete truck is lifted off of you. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Checked Ebenefits today!  Finally!!!   I have 100% on the circle at the top and checked the letters and it says I am P&T!   Thank you all for the help over all of these years!  It was a rough

Congrats, man. Long hard fight, but you got it! You still gonna talk to us non-100%-types?!!!

Congratulations. What finally got you 100 percent? I have a few claims in now and hopefully they will get me there. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By anayafather
      I am currently 100% TDIU 70% PTSD 20% Back. I am on an ALJ appeal with social security.  The judge has made a decision within 2 weeks of my appeal date. what are my chances that the letter is a favorable one. Thanks in advance
    • By MileHigh
      If I were to get a job where  I was considered a Virtual Employee(with a big company) and Worked from my home. Is that considered a "sheltered environment"? Meaning would I get in trouble for working from home and make more than the poverty threshold?

Thank you Scott 

• By blahsaysme2u
      OK guys. i have a lot of news to update you all on but i haven't gotten my letters yet so i am waiting on those before i post updates. but looking like i have won to very large claims in my favor that should push me over to 100% schedular. all of my claims are disabilities that obviously will never get better and will only degrade for the rest of my life(osa,tbi,tinnitus,back leg feet issues hearing loss,gerd) 
      so with all that being said i am looking into what my next steps are. i know i am going to be fighting some effective dates on some of my claims and that will be a seperate post. but i have searched far and wide and have found very little info on P&T as it pertains to veterans that are looking for just getting their disabilities identified as permanent but not necessarily total. i still work and want to continue to work as i enjoy my job, my employer is good to me and makes great allowances for my disabilities to allow me to continue to work,etc. i worry getting P&T will make me have to stop working like TDIU.
      so questions:
      is P&T like TDIU as respect to work? can you be rated permanent and not total? what process do i need to go through to get my claims rated permanent? i have some effective dates that are already "protected"(over the 10 year) but not as permanent (over 20) and some with newer effective dates. if i get permanent or if P&T is given together, will all my claims be protected together, or will each claim have to stand on its own as being permanent? reason i ask this question; i know that P&T is listed on benefits summary page on ebennies, so wondered if you cant have permanent without total and if once you get it its for all claims since its just a yes no question not for each disability.  can you not get the benefits of being 100% without being P&T? ie champ va etc?  
      again i tried to find answers to these questions and knew if anyone had the answers it was the guys here. 
      thanks for any help or any resources you can direct me to!
    • By Ztmiller8
      Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!
      My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.
      Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
    • By eli
      It's been awhile since I've posted.  The process took a lot out of me and my health has been pretty bad.
      My TBI and residuals among other things were service connected and I was awarded SMC T.
      To all still in the battle, don't give up and keep fighting.
      Thank you all, it was a long road we traveled together and I appreciate the knowledge base. ❤️
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 13 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
        • Thanks
      • 12 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines