VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental claim records review

Rate this question

MMTOTZ

Question

Good morning all. 

Hoping someone could shed some light on a couple things. I’m on second go around with Supplemental claim on the same issues, but this time, actually got to see a doctor through QTC that listened, and looked at everything with me.

Tried for a higher level review, but missed the second phone call to schedule appointment, was in VA appt. 

I called Peggy last week and they explained the DRO is requesting a records review from the doctor? 

Last night I received a package from QTC explaining that a different nurse practitioner will be reviewing my records ?   I’m a little confused and wondering if this will bode well for my claim as this person did not see or speak with me. 

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

MMtotz There is no requirement that you see the same doc on a second go round. The best way to look at it is like this: after talking to the first doc, he agreed. If your evidence is correct and adequate, shouldn't it happen a second time as well?  You could attempt to call the manager at QTC and see if it is a possibility to be re-scheduled with the first doc, but I have doubts it would be successful. Be sure you understand the DBQ so you are familiar with it before you go, along with your symptoms compared to the requirement in the diagnostic code. 

• HadIt.com Elder

OK. Hurry up and wait. From what I understand, the VA doesn't release info on the exam to the veteran for 30 days; maybe that's not accurate. If you used a VSO or someone else that has VBMS, they might be able to say what was in the exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with GB just need to wait and see what the outcome is. with outside contractors.

Sometimes at a C&P Exam We can feel the examiner out by the way he/she conducts the exam  rather or not we think it might be favorable...normally from my experience if the exam is just a 5 min exam  it usually is not favorable  but if the examiner ask you a bunch of questions and shows concern   it is usually a favorable exam.

but not always  sometimes we think we are getting a favorable exam to only be stab in the back. and to the contrary of what they mention in the exam is totally different from what they put in the report.

Have some fun with your family and enjoy them and get your mind off this kind of stuff it will make you batty.