VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

c@p exam

Rate this question

Ken Dillon

Question

In Sept I had c@p exam for rate increase on lower Lumbar.  On July this year I had lower lumbar fusion for 3 disc. So at the exam the Doctor looked at my scar on back, and at my legs, he did not take any reading of ROM measurements, because he stated I am not supposed to bend or twist my back. So now I wonder how the Rater will look at this,  Yes it is service connected disability. Has this ever happen to anyone else if so what's your story for insight for me.

Thank you

Ken

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

You’ll most likely get granted temporary 100% for the surgery and possibly be paid smc-s on top of it. For smc-s you’d need one other disability or a combination of disabilities rated at 60% that are separate from the back disability.

They will probably put you in for a future exam as well to check on the recovery and give you a new permanent rating. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope that deedub75 is correct, but I would get a copy of that doc's notes that confirm what he told you. If it isn't in the record, contact him and see if he will confirm that to you. Maybe it would be obvious to the rater, maybe not. Why not try to get it in writing for evidence. If you have to have a value on a range of motion and there isn't one, or, there is no reason why, it could present a problem.