VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retrieving copies of VES C&P exams from Regional Office?

Rate this question

Gina Burnett

Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Gina You could, but I doubt if you will be successful. Many RO's are closed for walk-ins. You could call and ask them if they can  though. You can't get C&P exams from the contractors like QTC, their customer is the VA, not you. The fact that it is YOUR personal info and you can't get it boggles my mind. A legal question that someone will challenge eventually. You can send off and request a copy from Janesville by submitting VA Form 3288. During this Covid thing I got one; it took me 3 months to get it. Don't know if it is a better or worse turn-around now, or not. But get it; you have a right to know what the examiner said.

10 hours ago, Gina Burnett said:

Can i walk into the VA Regional Office to get a copy of my C&P exam on the spot? . They do not have them at the VAMC because they were done with QTC. 

absolutely you can, but as said above i dont think they are letting people just walk in.

I sent a FOIA request for my C&P exams on 9/1 and on 9/25 they closed the "claim" on va.gov. As of today, 10/2 i havent received the information, but as you know sometimes it takes a bit for information to arrive in your mailbox.  because i havent gotten it im not ready to say 'do this it works' but so far it seems to have at least been seen and closed 🙂

• HadIt.com Elder
10 hours ago, Gina Burnett said:

Can i walk into the VA Regional Office to get a copy of my C&P exam on the spot? . They do not have them at the VAMC because they were done with QTC. 

HI

Well I don't think we can just walk-in to our R.O. for anything really  due to the covid-19. ....>call first and ask..... some R.O. Have Reopen

but on the other hand, you should have got an instruction sheet from QTC detailing time  & date and location of the exam the Examiner name ,credentials ect,,,ect,,,  and also a phone # and a fax#  to communicate with QTC if you have any questions.

if you have a fax # try that and ask for a copy (report) of your last exam dated on *****

so recheck the package letter QTC sent you..if not check the letter the VA sent you.

I ask all veterans to get a phone # from the outside contractors after the exam is over  the examiners will usually give it to you, WHEN YOU ASK THE EXAMINER  ask for the QTC # INCASE YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

• HadIt.com Elder

One more thing you can try

IF your VAMC IS OPEN.?..SOME HAVE STARTED TO REOPEN ,MY VAMC REOPENS OCT 5TH 2020

check with the VBA Office  at your VAMC, you will need to sign the FOIA Form, you see a VSO at the BVA OFFICE he/she can look in the computer and the date your QTC exam was and find the C&P REPORT make you a copy  an Walla There's your QTC Report.

Edited by Buck52

You can check below to see if your RO is open.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/benefits/offices.asp

A couple of years ago you could just walk in to the ROI office at the VAMC, fill out a request form, and they would print out copies of C&P exams done by contractors. They have since stopped sending those exams to the VAMC. I suspect they stopped giving us quick access to our exams is so they can speed up the claims process. If we get quick access to our exams, we can quickly contest them if we find issues with them.  Now we even have to wait 30 days before they will put C&P exams conducted at the VAMC into out VA health records.