VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

where to find old rating disability

Rate this question

flynsolo2

Question

I tried looking through forums, but cannot find this answer.

I had a GERD claim increase on Jan. 2019. I am *fairly* certain it was previously rated at 0% upon discharge and then finally received an increase in Jan. 2019. I cannot find anywhere online when the GERD was previously rated for 0%-I looked through "historical claims/appeals" and it does not show anywhere on there (there is one claim that I submitted a long time ago that says "administrative review-closed, but, it was so long ago, I honestly do not remember what the administrative review was for or what it was related to). Is there anywhere else I can look to find when the original GERD assigned rating of 0% was given? (I am asking as I am thinking of doing a CUE for the 10% rated in Jan. 2019, and I am thinking I need to have the date originally assigned at 0%? ) Or is this something I would need to ask for copies for from the VA?

*I know it was previously rated at 0% because I can see where I submitted claims for increase for GERD.....

4 answers to this question

If you have a copy of your C-File look through each rating decision, they are supposed to have legacy pages or you can call the 1-800 number and ask them to send you a copy of your rating decision but you are not asking VA to do an audit you just want your complete rating decision or send an IRIS Inquiry 

I agree with Pacmanx1.  However, if you have ebenefits/VA.gov "premium account" access, then you can probably find your disabities and dates there, if you are presistent and look around enough.  That site is not real easy to navigate, but keep looking and you may well find it.  

The "premium account" usually requires (at least at my VA) IN PERSON Authentication.  Basically, I went to the VA librarian, who checked my ID in person, and verified my account so I have "premium access".  Premium access does more and takes a little more to get it.  Some Vets have indicated they got a premium access account by just online, but I had to verify "in person" to get mine.  

One or two hadit members have "posted" what it says about their disabilities, dates, percentages, etc.,  online, with a premium access account.  

Edited by broncovet

You may be able to find out more in your VBMS file.  Pretty much, tho, with ebenefits/va.gov, you have to wait for the envelope.  

However, in the letters section of ebenefits, if they allow you to print out a letter that says you are x percent, you can be pretty sure that is accurate.