VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New BVA Grants

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

The Board just granted left and right sinus tarsi syndrome, osteoarthritis of ankles, and bilateral pes planus.

What are the sinus tarsi syndrome rating percentages?

Waiting on the decision letter.

Edited by 63Charlie

13 hours ago, 63Charlie said:

The BVA awarded service connection @ 0% rating in October, 2020, and ordered the VARO to perform a new C&P exam to determine my current level of disability for my pes planus and related foot/ankle disorders.

I received the C&P exam in 2020 shortly after the BVA ordered one.

However no new rating for these disabilities has been forthcoming.

Now here it is May 23, 2021 and I still have the same 0% rating, with no new rating decision by the VARO.

The VA knows that an increased rating for my feet/ankles will allow an EED for my SMC-S.

But anyway..no movement still.

It can take six months to a year. My last BVA grant took fourteen months, my local VARO returned my BVA grant without implementing the order and the BVA had to force them to implement their decision.

Edited by pacmanx1

• Community Owner

Vync

Thanks for the response it is helpful. I never thought of it as a possible CUE claim because VRO failed to wait for the C & P exam before issuing the SSOC that lead me to the BVA.  When I call the 800 numbers (And at the BVA hearing) and question why they give me a % ratting I am told that it was because I was rated under Chapter 17 for treatment purposes only because of my UTH discharge.  I would be interested in knowing your opinion if that is a CUE also.

As for as VSO go I would not piss on most of them if they were on fire in the middle of the road. The first experience I had was with a Red Cross VSO who represented me before the Army Discharge Review Board in 1982. Back then there was a Manual put out by the ACLU that walked you through how to do a discharged up grade including ADRB case that would require the Board to decide in your favor. So I go to the ADRB I get up and start to present my list of 26 issues. I got 7 bird Col's looking at me like I got a third eye in the middle of my heard. (I am thinking WTF) I get the decision back the first sentence after the about narrative says, "Claimant's counsel removed the claimants' list of contentions before the hearing." (Strike No 1)

After having been diagnosis   with PTSD due to MST in June of 2017 I applied for an Charter of discharge review with the VA. (I had one done back in 1981 before the PTSD/MST diagnosis) I request a personal hearing and I request a Veterans rep help me at the hearing. Before the hearing I submitted my MH records showing where the VA diagnosis with PTSD due to MST and one Doc filled out a DBQ ratting me at 70%. So I go to the hearing in 2018. I am represented by the American Legion. He as me sign a power of attorney.  The SOC denies me and rubber stamps the 1981 decision with no records listed other than the 1981 ones. So I go after my C-File. When I get it back and review it. (All 1800 pages) I find a form in the file that states, "American Legion representative removed the veteran's exhibits before the hearing." (Strike No 2)

Having said all that there are some good VSO that will fight tooth and nail and file a "fully develop claim" for you. In 39 years that has not been the case by my experience. Most are just form pushers as it is easy to fill out a form and submit it to get you out of there face than work the claim. IMHO

Edited by Rattler767