VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Claim Submission

Rate this question

gumba88

Question

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, but I have email chains with a veterans claim representative where they refused to SUBMIT my claim because they said it would not be something I could claim.  I ended up submitting my claim myself, then submitting to higher level review and it looks like my claim is getting approved.  If I had not been tenacious and listened to the VA rep that wouldn't even submit my claim, I'd be out thousands in backpay and a rating.  Has anyone experienced having the VA refuse to file the claim?  I started thinking about how many vets this could have happened to...shut down before they even submit!

If a Veteran Service Officer gives information that you question, just post the question on Hadit and see if the opinions match up.

Some of the best and accurate information is here.

HADIT is awesome..............

🤠.............

• HadIt.com Elder

blah I know one thing. If you are not comfortable with a VSO, move on brother. Your intuition is important. You go the way HE wants to go, and it doesn't work out. Who do you blame? Get someone you can trust. If you have different opinions on how to go, that's ok as long as you end up comfortable in going the final direction. If you can't get there, why struggle. Get a new VSO. Or, do it yourself.

GREAT ADVICE @GBArmy!!!!

i am waiting and following his direction. he is a vet too and really good at his job. he is patient with me and ALWAYS returns my calls or emails the day of or the next! cant ask for better really. so ill wait and see the outcome. if it doesn't work, i wont blame anyone but the wrong approach we thought was correct. no reason to blame him or myself. he has done good by me so far- and has gotten me great increases in SC that others failed at! 

but if that wasnt the case- i definitely would move on. not being confident in you VSO is very important. some of these things might just be outside their wheelhouse and might need a lawyer in the end. 

thanks again for the advice and helping me to put things in perspective!

I had a Virginia DAV VSO tell me when I was first denied for TDIU that I needed new and material evidence to appeal. That may wind up costing me money in the end. This was over the phone so I have nothing to show that it happened. I now send everything directly to the VA and let them send what ever they want to the DAV. 

I had a NC state VSO tell me in a VA hearing that the VA hearing was the same as a BVA hearing. It is unbelievable what people will tell you. I highly recommend getting familiar with the 38 CFR and M21-1 regs that affect your particular case. 

19 hours ago, kanewnut said:

I had a Virginia DAV VSO tell me when I was first denied for TDIU that I needed new and material evidence to appeal. That may wind up costing me money in the end. This was over the phone so I have nothing to show that it happened. I now send everything directly to the VA and let them send what ever they want to the DAV. 

I had a NC state VSO tell me in a VA hearing that the VA hearing was the same as a BVA hearing. It is unbelievable what people will tell you. I highly recommend getting familiar with the 38 CFR and M21-1 regs that affect your particular case. 

I HATE the DAV VSO's....they are awful. are you in virginia? i advise you getting one of the state VSO's. google Virginia Department of Veteran Services. they have lawyers on retainer to advice them when they dont know the answer to questions and my guy has been ROCKING it! i highly advise anyone in virginia to utilize this service. most of them are vets too so they get it!

6 hours ago, blahsaysme2u said:

are you in virginia?

I am in Virginia. I don't care for any of the VSO's. I had a NC Department of Veteran Services VSO tell me I ought to be happy since I was getting 10 percent and free Tylenol. I just got a letter from the Roanoke DAV about my latest decision. I have had the decision for two weeks now. I have had to learn so much over the last several years that I will probably just keep fighting them as I have been with my own research and help from Hadit. Remember, you are your own best advocate.