VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Claim Submission

Rate this question

gumba88

Question

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, but I have email chains with a veterans claim representative where they refused to SUBMIT my claim because they said it would not be something I could claim.  I ended up submitting my claim myself, then submitting to higher level review and it looks like my claim is getting approved.  If I had not been tenacious and listened to the VA rep that wouldn't even submit my claim, I'd be out thousands in backpay and a rating.  Has anyone experienced having the VA refuse to file the claim?  I started thinking about how many vets this could have happened to...shut down before they even submit!

On 11/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, kanewnut said:

I am in Virginia. I don't care for any of the VSO's. I had a NC Department of Veteran Services VSO tell me I ought to be happy since I was getting 10 percent and free Tylenol. I just got a letter from the Roanoke DAV about my latest decision. I have had the decision for two weeks now. I have had to learn so much over the last several years that I will probably just keep fighting them as I have been with my own research and help from Hadit. Remember, you are your own best advocate. 

is this what you used in Virginia? 

https://www.dvs.virginia.gov/benefits/disability-compensation-pensions

i dont know anything about NC VSO services. all i can tell you is Virginia has been great and has always pushed to do the most they can for me. and even when we disagreed about things they would say "i dont advise to do that but this is your claim and we will work it how you want". i work with Fred Beebe. call him and ask him to help you if you didnt like the care you were given before. he is a vet too and just wants whats best for us! and if he doesnt know the answer he goes to someone that does- i couldnt ask for more from a VSO. he has gone to the lawyers a few times to ask questions and get them to review my claim file and decision notices to give us advice on how to proceed and i have gone from 40%-90% and 100% after my OSA appeal finishes. 

6 hours ago, blahsaysme2u said:

is this what you used in Virginia?

No. I have been with DAV since about 2002 or 2003. I am glad you have found a VSO that has been helpful.

• HadIt.com Elder

Get rid of the VSO and get a certified claims agent.  Been there done that. Why does any vet take the beating when dealing with these nice but over worked folks.

There are some excellent agents out there.  Access to VBMS is very important, It keeps vets from filing the claim on Monday and setting up Guard duty on the mailbox starting on Tuesday.

I use John Dorle. Benefitsagent@comcast.net. 

It does not matter where you are located. VA is now Nation wide. 

arent VSO's certified? also, like i mentioned before, the VSO for virginia has lawyers on staff. if there are any questions they confer with them before moving forward. but i will check out John Dorle if my appeals and other claims dont go through....its taking sooooooooooooooo long. my hearing with the judge was in august!

17 minutes ago, blahsaysme2u said:

arent VSO's certified?

This made me laugh. Certified in what? I have read a good article or two on asked.org about what VSO's are certified in.