VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally got my no we ain't paying you nothing Remand Decision

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Ok, I finally got my decision for my remand and my claim is going back to BVA. Since I am in the legacy program and at the end of my stretch, should I continue in this program or switch to the AMA program?  I will also be adding a CUE for the BOARD to review and consider.  I have all the evidence under 38 CFR 3.156, but I am not sure which would be faster (if) faster is even possible. I am thinking with the legacy it could be eight months or less and with the AMA it will be closer to a year or so.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Its a tough call.  On one hand, the AMA is streamlined and more efficient, (eliminating the SOC, and certification to the board by the VARO).  However, there are less and less legacy appeals, as they are not making them anymore.  (If you have a VARO decision today, staying in Legacy is not an option). 

If it were me, I would go with AMA BECAUSE, it just seems like it delays you more to have to deal with the Regional Office mandate of filing the SOC.  Also, I see little value to the Veteran of the SOC. 

My claim is returning to BVA, it is a legacy claim, and I am already on the docket. The VARO denied my remand stating they gave me a full grant which is not true, so I must respond to let BVA make the final decision.  BVA informed me last year that the VARO may not grant my remand and to make sure I send it back to BVA.  The WROC gets it out of the VARO straight in the hands of BVA. Since there is no form to file a response to the SSOC nor is there a form to file a CUE claim, I am thinking that BVA will process both claims together.