Supplemental claim

XIbodybag

Question

Filed a supplemental claim 12 days ago.  Sent a current diagnosis from VHA of combat related PTSD (they diagnosed me with other stressor related disorder at 30%) and evidence of symptoms and interactions with police that should put me at 50 or 70% in like 50 pages of evidence via .  Called 1800 number today to check on status and they said that it had already been decided for 10/20/2020 (tomorrow???) and no new C&P was given.  Does this seem a bit fast to you?  Does that mean its unfavorable or have you seen favorable decisions made that quickly?  

Xibodybag Everything the VBA does isn't necessarily a BAD thing. (Sometimes, I admit, it might seem like it though.) If you have the evidence, which it sounds like you have from VHA already, they make the decision quickly. Especially on MH disabilities. You don't have to have a C&P exam IF the evidence is already sufficient to establish fact. Wait for your decision letter; should be in a week from the date indicated in VA.gov. Let us know on results and, good luck. 

9 hours ago, XIbodybag said:

Filed a supplemental claim 12 days ago.  Sent a current diagnosis from VHA of combat related PTSD (they diagnosed me with other stressor related disorder at 30%) and evidence of symptoms and interactions with police that should put me at 50 or 70% in like 50 pages of evidence via .  Called 1800 number today to check on status and they said that it had already been decided for 10/20/2020 (tomorrow???) and no new C&P was given.  Does this seem a bit fast to you?  Does that mean its unfavorable or have you seen favorable decisions made that quickly?  

BASSICALLY , IF YOU SHOWN YOUR SYMPTOMS  BEFORE OR AFTER THEY DIAGNOSE YOU FOR THE RELATED COMBAT PTSD AS CHRONIC/STATIC , DEPENDING ON YOUR SYMPTOMS  YOU SHOWN AS HOW THEY WILL RATE YOU, THE MORE SERIOUS SYMPTOMS THE HIGHER THE RATING.

SO THIS COULD BE A GOOD THING, NORMALLY WHEN THEY SEND THE VETERAN TO A C&P EXAM  IS TO GET A QUALIFIED DR TO ASK QUESTIONS AND THE ANSWERS YOU GIVE THEY WILL DETERMINE WHAT YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE. AND HOW THEY WILL RATE YOU.

***CAUTION DO NOT OVER EXAGGERATE YOUR SYMPTOMS OR SAY ANYTHING THAT IS NOT IN YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS  (ALWAYS BE TRUTHFUL NO MATTER WHAT)

SO IF THE VA MENTAL HEALTH DR'S HAS  NOTED ALL YOUR SYMPTOMS   THIS SHOULD GO IN YOUR FAVOR....IF YOU MEET ALL THE SYMPTOMS REQUIRED IN  RATING CHART. THAT IS A 100% RATING THEN LESSER SYMPTOMS  THEN THEY RATE ACCORDINGLY.  

CHECK THIS MENTAL HEALTH RATING FORMULA CHART  FOR THE SYMPTOMS THAT YOU HAVE   AND IF YOU HAVE ALL OR MOST OF THESE SYMPTOMS   THEN THIS IS THE RATING CHART THEY SHOULD USE TO RATE YOU ACCORDING TO ALL YOUR SYMPTOMS YOU SHOW YOU HAVE.

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders

Rating
Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name. 100
Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships. 70
Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of short- and long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships. 50
Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events). 30
Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or symptoms controlled by continuous medication. 10
A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication. 0

Edited by Buck52

Thanks for the input guys.  I have a bad feeling its going to be denied.  My initial claim had my ebenefits letter update immediately.  They claim it closed today but on va.gov the supplemental is still saying "we dont know the status" and ebenefits looks exactly the same.  Im still holding out a bit of hope that since it doesnt say "closed" on va.gov yet that even though its supposedly closed today that their are still some i's to dot and t's to cross before it updates across both of the websites.  I literally sent them a recent diagnosis from a VA doctor of chronic ptsd w/ panic attacks that disagrees with the private contractors diagnosis of "other stressor related disorder :neurosis".  Shit id even be happy if they kept that rating at 30% but gave me my actual service connected PTSD.  Feels like a slap in the face.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By Andyman73
      Hey all,
      I’m looking for contact info for a women’s support group for ptsd. I believe they may be based in Oregon. One of their members reached out to me, a few years back, when I was dealing with my MST claim, to offer some support, as a fellow MST survivor. I am trying to help a Veteran who seriously needs a women’s combat ptsd support group. She has been given a lot of horrible mistreatment from the VA, mostly because she won’t “shut up and do what they say”. She told me that the chief of the VAMC MH department called the Vet Center she was using, and told them to no longer treat her or return her calls. She’s afraid to go public with this, for fear of retribution. 

Im asking here, because I think it was here, in Hadit, that the woman who reached out in support. I just don’t remember. If you are still here, or if any of you know of a women’s only group that sounds like the one I’m thinking of, please let me know. I’d really like to be able to connect that Veteran with that group. 

Thanks for your time. 
      Semper Fi. 
    • By Tbird
      Great story read it here https://t.co/dCKdTla2T1 and then check out their podcast at https://t.co/8SlND60A5y sending out much love and support for our brother and sister Misti and Davie Hobbs. @dmwatspodcast #post-traumatic-growth pic.twitter.com/hfksFf8arU
      — Theresa Aldrich (@HadIt_com) November 11, 2021
    • By baezivy
      I put in a claim twice for PTSD Personal Trauma and both times they changed it to GAD increase. So my C&P exams are schedule for GAD increase and not PTSD. I just had an exam today and the examiner stated it was for GAD and not PTSD which I was so confused. I called the VA and told them, I was scheduled for something I did not put a claim in for. Now they are researching as to why it was changed. Has this happened to anyone else? I was diagnosed with PTSD by my Therapist/Phychiatrist for over a few years now and I am having such a difficult time with compensation. Any suggestions on what to do next?
    • By FlyboyLeRoy
      As of 9/25 my Supplemental claim was placed in for ready decision phase. It’s being processed ar Houston RO. What’s was experience and wait time in this process? 
    • By FlyboyLeRoy
      I know the VA has the 125 day timeline to make a decision. My question is what was your timeline like? How long after your supplemental claim did you have an answer? I did a claim and was given 100% per my doctors c&p and nexus and it was then taken away by QTC c&p exam which was done after my private doctors. Obviously, I did an appeal and went to QTC last week and the VA just received my c&p results yesterday. Also, ebenefits says " We don't know your status." Is that normal? My supplemental was sent to Houston's regional office. 
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Burn Pit Claim Assistance
      The NVLSP launched its Burn Claim Assistance program:  Details at the NVLSP website:

https://www.nvlsp.org/what-we-do/burn-pits-claims-assistance-program/
      • 0 replies
    • I have a C&P exam scheduled for next week for sleep apnea. I completed an at home sleep study sent by VES. However, I just visited ebenefits and noticed that my claim has been closed before my scheduled exam. Anyone ever experience this?
        • Confused
      • 11 replies
    • I already get compensation for bladder cancer for Camp Lejeune Water issue, now that it is added to Agent Orange does it mean that the VA should pay me the difference between Camp Lejeune and 1992 when I retired from the Marine Corps or do I have to re-apply for it for Agent Orange, or will the VA look at at current cases already receiving bladder cancer compensation. I’m considered 100% Disabled Permanently 
      • 20 replies
    • 5,10, 20 Rule
      The 5, 10, 20 year rules...

Five Year Rule) If you have had the same rating for five or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless your condition has improved on a sustained basis. All the medical evidence, not just the reexamination report, must support the conclusion that your improvement is more than temporary.

Ten Year Rule) The 10 year rule is after 10 years, the service connection is protected from being dropped.

Twenty Year Rule) If your disability has been continuously rated at or above a certain rating level for 20 or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless it finds the rating was based on fraud. This is a very high standard and it's unlikely the rating would get reduced.

If you are 100% for 20 years (Either 100% schedular or 100% TDIU - Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability or IU), you are automatically Permanent & Total (P&T). And, that after 20 years the total disability (100% or IU) is protected from reduction for the remainder of the person's life. "M-21-1-IX.ii.2.1.j. When a P&T Disability Exists"

At 55, P&T (Permanent & Total) or a few other reasons the VBA will not initiate a review. Here is the graphic below for that. However if the Veteran files a new compensation claim or files for an increase, then it is YOU that initiated to possible review.

NOTE: Until a percentage is in place for 10 years, the service connection can be removed. After that, the service connection is protected.

------

Example for 2020 using the same disability rating

1998 - Initially Service Connected @ 10%

RESULT: Service Connection Protected in 2008

RESULT: 10% Protected from reduction in 2018 (20 years)

2020 - Service Connection Increased @ 30%

RESULT: 30% is Protected from reduction in 2040 (20 years)
        • Thanks
      • 58 replies
    • Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

444%
    $6,673.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines