VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA change in Status

Rate this question

BATmobile

Question

Has anyone had a BVA appeal in review by the law judge change status on an issue from Granted to Denied?  My appeal was being reviewed around Sept 8, 2020. On October 1, 2020, one of the two issues on appeal showed status as Granted.  Checked the appeal status every day and on October 22nd, the GRANTED issue and the remaining issue status are now showing Denied???

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Can you give us the Docket # and Citation # of the BVA appeal?- 

it might be at the BVA decisions web site by now.

We don't know much about your issue- I hope this does not apply to you- but

we had a DIC widow here about 2 years ago who said her BVA appeal was granted, but that the RO had denied her claim.

I found her BVA decision and it was similar to many at the BVA web site that stated:

"The petition to reopen the claim of entitlement to service connection for tinnitus is allowed. The appeal is granted to that extent only."

https://www.va.gov/vetapp19/files9/19173466.txt

ORDER The petition to reopen the claim of entitlement to service connection for a low back disorder is allowed. The appeal is granted to that extent only. REMANDED Entitlement to service connection for a low back disorder is remanded.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp20/files6/20037115.txt

This does not mean the appeal is granted as to the disability but that, upon remand, it could eventually succeed-depending on the evidence.

It is most unusual to see the RO deny any award from the BVA.

If we have more info and the Docket, Citation # of the BVA decision, we can help more.

My BVA decision is not final. I am checking the status of my claim on the VA.gov website on my account.  The Veterans Law Judge was reviewing my appeal..then status changed to Granted for chronic sinusitus...21 days later, status changed to Denied for chronic sinusitus and migraines. As I said, this is under my VA.gov account where I can check my claim status, refill my prescriptions, check on my benefits, etc.

Can you scan and attach the BVA decision here? Cover your C file#, name, address prior t scanning it.

Maybe ebenefits made a typo---I think VA is making more errors then usual these days- I even read a RO decision here this AM that make no sense at all-

The RO said the veteran was denied for TDIU but added a favorable finding that -----well never mind- if I can find that post I will comment there---