VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level reveiw

Rate this question

Cisco491

Question

In April 23 2020 I submitted a claim for my right knee. May 15th I received a denial letter. I requested a higher level review on June 2nd. On Oct. 20 I received my informal conference call. Today, Oct. 24 on Va.gov I noticed the Higher level review was closed and a new claim opened on Oct. 22 with a submittal date of April 23rd.  
Under the view detail tab of the claim is says 

What you’ve claimed:

right knee strain (please see VBMS note dated 10/22/2020) (Supplemental)

What could this mean for me and my claim? 

3 answers to this question

The claim was reopened with the same filing date as your original. So, more development required from va and, presumably, your end

Plus, someone is going to get a bag of nasty grams for rating it that way the first time. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with brokensoldier. The reviewer at HLR  agreed that the denial was incorrect, or at least premature. So it isn't a bad thing and your submittal date still is valid. That said, it isn't in the bag you are going to be granted. You'll get a letter saying they have found an error and it is being worked. Best of luck.

I dont go "drawing conclusions" based entirely on what ebenefits says.  I wait for the envelope, as I find ebenefits notoriously in accurate and out of date.  My advice is to wait for the envelope and not "second guess" ebenefits.