VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

question about rating accuracy

Rate this question

florida2021

Question

Hello I believe my rating 100 P&T was to high. When I had my exam I explained I believed the medication I was on was making me worse this was three months ago. I got a new psychatrist and he also believes I was on the wrong medication. 

I truly believe P&T was too high. I rather be rated 100 percent and be reviewed in the future. Is this possible? Would I call or fill out a form?

Please just help me with my question I will make my own decision so I do not want to here that this would be a mistake. I truly feel I was over rated and I do not want the P&T I am only inn my twenties I want to try and get better. 

I am not looking for opinions if its the right choice. if there is someone out there that can let me know if it is possible and how to do this please let me know. 

Thank you

• HadIt.com Elder

Normally  Speaking,

''Once a 100% rating is given the status of Permanent & Total, it cannot be changed in the future. The VA does not require regular re-examinations of Permanent & Total Ratings, and the veteran can expect to receive full benefits of a Total Rating for the remainder of their life.''

So if you do not want the P&T Status & the extra benefit package that comes with the P&T Rating.

The only thing I know to tell you is write to your  VA Regional Office  and request they reduce or take off your P&T Rating Status  and  explain to them why you want this reduced or taken off your rating.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

your welcome

Please think about this before you make this request, the extra benefits are wonderful if your married your spouse can go back to school and get that extra degree  or a degree that will certainly help out in the future.

And the medical for your family via champ VA

of course this is totally your choice.

Unfortunately there is no required form to make this type of request  that I know of.

Just type it out in a appropriate manner  siting your reason for this request  sign it put your claim #on it your return address and send it in with a certified return receipt  just as you would when filing a claim.

OTHER  HADIT MEMBERS MAY CHIME IN ON THIS MATTER  IF THEY  KNOW  THEY ARE SUCH A FORM AND ADVICE  ON THIS MEMBER.

Edited by Buck52

You need to slow down and do some serious thinking before making that decision.

Disability is a tricky matter especially when it comes to mental health, and physical health.

Health can be like one step forward, then suddenly it can go two steps back on some conditions that are unstable.

Flare ups are common, and many conditions are chronic, and some conditions progressively worsen with age.

I wish you the best on whatever decision you make.

• HadIt.com Elder

florida2021 I to wish you the very best on whatever decision you make. But please consider this, if you tell the VA you want to be re-evaluated, and that is exactly what you are asking them to do, consider the possibility they they not only will take the P&T away, but quite possibly drop your combined rating to say 70%, or lower. Are you sure that you have considered that? Being P&T can mean you can receive possibly more $ and other benefits, but you can also go out and pay for your own private medical help as well. As I said, we all said, we wish you well.