VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

question about rating accuracy

Rate this question

florida2021

Question

Hello I believe my rating 100 P&T was to high. When I had my exam I explained I believed the medication I was on was making me worse this was three months ago. I got a new psychatrist and he also believes I was on the wrong medication. 

I truly believe P&T was too high. I rather be rated 100 percent and be reviewed in the future. Is this possible? Would I call or fill out a form?

Please just help me with my question I will make my own decision so I do not want to here that this would be a mistake. I truly feel I was over rated and I do not want the P&T I am only inn my twenties I want to try and get better. 

I am not looking for opinions if its the right choice. if there is someone out there that can let me know if it is possible and how to do this please let me know. 

Thank you

3 hours ago, florida2021 said:

Hello I believe my rating 100 P&T was to high. When I had my exam I explained I believed the medication I was on was making me worse this was three months ago. I got a new psychatrist and he also believes I was on the wrong medication. 

I truly believe P&T was too high. I rather be rated 100 percent and be reviewed in the future. Is this possible? Would I call or fill out a form?

Please just help me with my question I will make my own decision so I do not want to here that this would be a mistake. I truly feel I was over rated and I do not want the P&T I am only inn my twenties I want to try and get better. 

I am not looking for opinions if its the right choice. if there is someone out there that can let me know if it is possible and how to do this please let me know. 

Thank you

First things first, we can only give our opinions here based on our experience. My questions to you are why do you think that VA overrated you? What did your medical evidence show? What did the C & P exam show? Do you fully understand that since you are rated 100% P & T that you can legally work without  VA re-evaluating you? There are so many things we need to know to help you make the best decision for you and your family or even your future family.  If your 100% P & T is solely due to a Mental Health Disorder, you cannot legally work unless it is in a Sheltered Environment and that is something the VA will have to allow. If it is due to a Mental Health Disorder you can also claim SSDI  ( Social Security Benefits).  You can start a new hobby, volunteer, help other veterans, it is up to you.  

PS. Keep in mind that all veterans are rated on symptoms not treatment nor medications.

Edited by pacmanx1